1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jimi Hendrix

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsPimp, Aug 3, 2000.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm just sitting here at work, finishing up and jamming out to some Jimi and thought I'd ask what everyone's favorite Hendrix song is.

Personally I like "Red House" because I just love a sweet blues groove.

------------------
    "I've been licking this carpet for hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!"

2. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

My favorite Hendrix song is one he didn't even write. It's "Like a Rolling Stone" from the "Live at Monterrey" album.

That being said, I love Hendrix and it's tought to pinpoint a true favorite. I single that one out because it's one of my favorite Dylan songs and Jimi just gives a terrific rendition. I'm sure all my other Hendrix faves will be covered by others.

[This message has been edited by ChrisP (edited August 03, 2000).]

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Oh man, Hendrix is "The Man" as far as I am concerned. Everyone else is fighting for second place.

As far as favorites hmmmmm...
    Music wise- Little Wing and Castles made of Sand are unsurpassed.

Vocally- Listen to "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)" thats is Hendrix doing lead and backup vocals. Pure genius.

Personal Favs- Crosstown Traffic, Rainy Day, Dream Away, All Along The Watchtower, Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun), I Don't Live Today (Live is incredible)

I can honestly say, there is not one single song Hendrix did that I don't enjoy.

------------------
    "Your not a real member of CC.net unless you have 1000 posts"

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The Hendrix version of "Gloria".

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult
    The Serious Police are watching