1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jew Don Boney

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Aug 18, 2000.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who in the mayor's office is criticizing him? Orlando Sanchez never agrees with him. That is not surprising he would try to make it into a scandal, and definitely he is making it a partisan scandal.

This is not a scandal. Boney filed for this spending. This has been done before by others, and the city just needs to make a policy. Sanchez even says there is a "gray area" regarding doing this. If you don't like the fact Boney feels very compelled to represent his constituency (which is heavily Democratic) at federal convention seminars and meetings, then move to District D and vote against him.

Personally, I want my tax money to help my city council member represent us on State and Federal levels.

Matter of fact, if city council members and state representatives controlled the majority of tax budgets and taken out of the coffers of astronomically large federal congressman budgets like the constitution wanted, us taxpayers we would have a lot more power of vote. You see: we have more votes and more influence at the state and city level. That is where I want my spending to take place. Our council members should indeed drive those political conventions and lobby on our behalf.

What? Should Boney just stay in his office all day and play golf at a 5 handicap like Sanchez.

Madmax...there is absolutely nothing scandalous about this. This is all partisan posturing by Sanchez.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited August 18, 2000).]

2. Gascon

Gascon Member

Wow, heyp.....

I speak, unfortunately, from ignorance, but your words are the first kind words that I have ever seen or heard about Jew Don Boney. My father, for instance, considers him to be a real nutcase. I'm sorry to say that I can't speak of particular instances that back up such a claim, but I'll try and contact him and find out more.

------------------
    "Have we not here the best cards in the game to win this easy match played for a crown?....."

Bill Shakespeare

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The coolest city council member is Bert Keller. Hey Kids, its okay to drink and drive as long as you are sober enough to walk away from the scene of an accident.

------------------
    To DJ M3: Whenever I get on AIM, I'll send you an IM.

4. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

hey hetero i am being serious...did the guy pay for his own deal or not..i want to know...does anyone know?

------------------
    i am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp..i know what i ought to do but i don't know where to begin...

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Congrats to Jew Don Boney for doing the honest thing and paying his own way after all!!!

By the way...I don't care what party you represent...if you use taxpayer money inappropriately, I hope you're held accountable.

------------------