1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jets Owner Wants Tebow to Start

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SacTown, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

http://nyj.scout.com/2/1227403.html

A quarterback controversy between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow could be brewing with New York Jets owner Woody Johnson reportedly pushing for a change under center.

Mark Sanchez's days as the New York Jets starting quarterback appear to be numbered. According to ESPN New York's Rich Cimini, two sources close to Johnson indicate that a push for the coaching staff to play Tebow will be made at the top of New York's hierarchy. Johnson was believed to be the driving force behind the Jets' pursuit of Tebow and is reportedly the man spearheading his promotion to starter.

Sanchez has done very little to help his own cause. Through four games, the 25-year-old has completed just 49.2 percent of his pass attempts with five touchdowns, two interceptions and two lost fumbles.

To make matters worse, the Jets lost All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis for the remainder of the season with an ACL tear, and top wide receiver Santonio Holmes will also miss the 2012 campaign with a Lisfranc injury in his left foot.

On the heels of a 34-0 shellacking by the San Francisco 49ers, a game in which Sanchez produced a paltry 39.9 passer rating, head coach Rex Ryan and his staff are scratching their heads and searching for answers.

Now in his fourth season as a pro, Sanchez hasn't progressed as the Jets' brain trust expected he would when they traded up to nab him with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2009 NFL draft.

With the clock striking midnight on Sanchez's time as the starting signal-caller, the Tebow era in New York could be underway in a matter of weeks. Jettisoned after leading a 1-4 Denver Broncos team to a divisional crown and second-round playoff berth in 2011, the former Heisman Trophy winner has been used sparingly this season in the Jets' wildcat offense.

While Sanchez was designated as New York's clear-cut starter during training camp, his lackluster play has opened the door for Tebow to take the reins and try to rally a downtrodden Jets squad.

As a potential quarterback controversy begins to brew, the Jets prepare to host the undefeated Houston Texans in Week 5 on Monday night. And with Sanchez on a short leash, New York's benchmark quarterback could be a bench-warmer before the calendar turns to November.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Moar interceptions for teh interception god.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good move Woody.

Franchise implosion by December odds ticking up.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's going to suck if he plays but somehow the Jets will win, they'll make the playoffs, everyone will praise Tebow and Moes will have to leave the BBS for 3 months again.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Oh dear, here we go again.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Owners making coaching decisions ALWAYS works out well!

Signed,

Bud Adams
    Jerry Jones
    Dan Snyder

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that would be awesome.
    Sanchez can spend more time with Eva.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Doesn't it suck to not have a team to root for now that VY is out of the league?

Meanwhile, the best team in HOUSTON is on its way to 5-0.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I play fantasy football.

I've always liked the Bears. They were always there and I was at game in Soldier field during Peyton Manning's rookie year.

The Texans are an expansion team that only exist because the Houston Oilers left.

Warren Moon > Shaub

Oh, they might be the best team right now. But it's a long season dude.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's Schaub*

You sound bitter.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

everyone thinks it's a no, really?

sanchez blows. he's worse when his confidence is shot, and it clearly is hurting.

this team has no offense. Shonn Greene has been terrible. Santonio is done. Isn't this precisely when you go Tebow? Let him run the hell out of the ball and hope your defense can get it done (sans Revis, yes...but that's better than hoping for something out of this offense)

He has a big target (if he gets healthy) in Stephen Hill...similar to D Thomas in Denver, Tebow can throw it up to him and see what happens with the 1 on 1 situations he'll inevitably get after 8 million straight runs

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh he's a Bears fan now. LMAO.

Don't worry. We'll take care of them too on their own field. We'll take care of what that other Texas team couldn't.

I'm actually surprised that you're not a Boys fan. Most people from Austin are.

#13 sammy, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol.. nobody has respect for bandwagon fans. Him and DD and are two of the biggest when it comes to football.

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Tired of all this Tebow talk. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves. I hope NBC Sports supplants them.

1 person likes this.
  16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't the chicago bears only exist because the cardinals moved from chicago :eek:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

not really. but if it makes you happy to think so, it is an internet board.

I was in Houston when the Oilers left and I guess fans turned into casual fans or they rooted for the Titans or Cowboys.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

we're talking about the era where they had television :p

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cutler's decision making is almost as bad as VY's

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Hahahahaha

it's funny like you really know if I was a Bears fan or not. I'm happy that you are finding amusement in this.

Rockets and Longhorns are my top teams. For the NFL, i'm a casual fan.

You do realize that the Bears existed way before the Texans right? 85 bears = greatest team ever

Why do I have to be diehard NFL fan for a team on a ROCKETS site?

I do know my football, I do enjoy NFL network and Sirius Radio. Why do you guys care so much about who I root for especially on a JETS thread?