1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JET is back: Jason Terry back with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Aug 18, 2015.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Emoji Warriors 2.0.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It's great that Terry is coming back and will have a more defined role on this team, as opposed to last season.

Last season, there were question if he or Canaan will be the back up point guard. Personally, I thought we misused Terry early in the season when Canaan was healthy and able.

I thought we would use Terry like the Spurs used Robert Horry aka gets very little playing time till March then becomes a big player come playoff time. Never expected Terry to get 20mpg right off the bat which only increased when Canaan got traded and Bev got hurt. I think that really affect Terry's play come the end of the season and in the playoffs. He was still shooting okay but he just seemed a little more worn out than I would have thought entering the season.

This coming season, he is definitely the 3rd string PG and should fit into that Robert Horry role perfectly for us come March, April and into the playoffs.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The money is the same, no one is paying him more than 1 year min.

But he will probably getting more playing time there than here, but here he will get better chance to win another ring.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not much we can do about that when a player is in the doghouse like Canaan was.

5. beardnation

beardnation Member

great he is such a good guy to have in the locker room!

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

OH HELL YES!!!!!!

This is it! This year is it! We are so stacked. I was really holding my breath for JET to come back. He is our 3rd string PG in a pinch (waaaaaaaaaaay better than asking him to be starter PG...of course) And now he can just go back to doing what he should be doing: veteran that gets spot minutes when we need him...nailing dagger catch-n-shoot spot-up 3s.

Tough as nails, boy. Leadership for daaaaaaaaaaaays. Him & Chuck going to keep everyone's head straight.

[​IMG]

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Is he awake now? Make a decision man Damn!!

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wofsgfQ2VSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Easy to forget after Dwight missed so much of the season, but this was a nice reminder of what good chemistry he has w/ Jet.

10. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Now he can get back to his primary role and not worry about being overloaded with playing minutes being the point guard...3 point assassin role fits the Jet Best. Can't Wait!

12. Fantasma Negro

Good to have him back. This team can use his leadership, experience and his veteran insights throughout the season and especially in the playoffs. Hopefully after this season he signs on long term to be an assistant coach, if Josh Powell can do it...

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

My Man the Jet back into the fold ! How Sweet it Is !

My prediction of fan favorite the day he signed has come true in spades. Luv some of these "woulda killed myself " statements. The Screw has turned 180....in Dallas !

"That's a pretty good team over there ....."

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

JT as the third option off the bench and some leadership role in the locker room = Nice.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Terry in situational minutes will help us, but his greatest value has to be leadership. In a locker room with two superstars that dont have the alpha dog mentality, leaders like Chuck Hayes and Jason Terry will get the best out of them...Chuck is going to make Dwight work in practice.

Howard/Capella/Hayes
    Motiejunas/Jones/Harrell
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    Harden/Thornton/McDaniel
    Lawson/Beverley/Terry

Looks good on paper...but I am tired of teams looking good on paper. This is the closest we have been to a title, and its time for Howard and Harden to bring us to the promised land.

16. alethios

alethios Member

So glad we get another year of Terry and that he's going to be doing damage to the Mavs.

17. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

When we were down 3-1 to the Clippers I read that this guy was the one keeping the team together. He could be the key to our success while barely touching the floor.

Let's win a ring and bring him back as a coach

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great locker room guy, great insurance policy. This is the best team we've had since Dream was in his prime. Deepest team we've ever had period!

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

just get a good young PG for the Vipers and develop him in order for the Rox to cultivate in the future.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Six pages deep and not one negative post. Says alot.