1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerry West believes Warriors weak point is very clear.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fish36floor, Apr 24, 2019.

?

This series will probably come down to who has better bench production.

1. Warriors will have better bench production.

6.1%
  2. Rockets will have better bench production.

93.9%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Louka has a history of Black Magic. Louka didn't post any negative vibes in the 2018-2019 season; saved all of it for the playoffs.

[​IMG]

HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I think fa-weed could be use when bogut is in and if capela needs to take a breather. He can out run him and violate him in the pick and roll game.. I think our bigs will be a problem for gsw if we use them correctly .
    That’s if they don’t go small ball the whole series tho

3. Nook

Nook Member

This. For all the love thrown around for passing the ball, and how the Rockets need to pass the ball..... there is a reason the Rockets don't pass it more, turnovers. The Warriors were turning the ball over a lot early in the series and more this season than a team like the Rockets. Those are free points the Rockets need to take advantage of for sure. They need to win the free throw battle as well. They do both of those and they should be in a solid position.

It is the playoffs, and the bench does not matter as much. Most teams are going to go 7-8 deep and that is about it. If the Rockets go much deeper than 8, then we know something has gone wrong for the Rockets.

The one caveat to all of this and what West said about benches not mattering as much........ IF the Warriors get an injury to one of their starters, the difference between the benches could become very important. The Warriors would be very short handed and would likely go with a very non conventional rotation.

Voltik likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

chicken sacrifice occurring shortly to please the gods

[​IMG]

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter who the Warriors surround their top 4 with, they're the heavy favorites against anybody.

icewill36 likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

seriously. no other team has 3 guys that can drop 60. rockets have to win with defense. slow them down, force them into ISO. live with KD, hopefully limit steph and klay a bit.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

In at least 4 games. The rest of the games, I don't give a ****.

8. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Our bench is better, but I don’t think the series will come down to bench production.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Bogut and Draymond will guard Capela and Tucker. I have a hunch they will tinker here and put Bogut on Tucker because Tucker has 0 driving ability anyway.

Klay Thompson will guard Harden.

Now you are left with Kevin Durant and Steph Curry guarding Chris Paul and Eric Gordon. That's going to be a problem for them.

Their other option is to bench Bogut and start Iggy, which further weakens their bench. I don't think they have a choice, I can't see it working out well for them with Bogut starting.

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Nene is so playable.

Gerald Green shouldn’t even play against Utah. He’s the worst perimeter defender in the playoffs.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Worriers bench is old and shitty this year. They remind me of what our bench will look like if we don't keep adding young talent to this team.

Iggy is the only good "bench" player on the Worriers.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not touching this poll with a 10' pole until we advance. If we advance.

13. mockster

mockster Member

They have 4 all stars currently playing..... they all demand playing time which makes sense. We only have two stars that pretty much identical positions so we have more versatility to play with lineups as the rest of the team is pure role players outside of EG possibly.

Iggy is basically a former star playing a role players role. Livingston is legit as hell and loony is pretty good.

On paper their bench is better then ours. I just think our overall team gel is better and we have a lot of high energy gritty players. Our system just works better incorporating our bench then the warriors

#33 mockster, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If you notice, Gobert puts his forearm into James on the floater everytime.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Waiting to see our bench produce

16. metalshred

metalshred Member

How about the Rockets’ very clear weak point that Harden may not show up?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Our bench played weak in this series, but the Jazz have a top 2-3 defense in the NBA. The Warriors (and especially their bench) won't be able to contain our offense, so it projects to be another offensive slugging match, just like last year. I'll take that.