1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy needs some subtlety in his game...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jedster

Jedster Member

:grin:

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

13 consecutive 25+ point games, tying Moses Malone's franchise record. I don't know what the NBA record is but the franchise record is already pretty dam impressive considering who has played for the Rockets.

I think Lin will be more consistent when he fixes his weaknesses :D

3. Jedster

Jedster Member

And then they come back with a new user ID.
    First question they'll ask is: What is a LOF?
    And after some person answers them...they'll start again!!

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not an NBA scout, but even I can see how this stuff is pretty BS. In fact, I don't even know why it's a bad thing he doesn't have a star offensive big. Isn't that a GOOD thing for a penetrating guard?

5. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I've watched him since the Warriors and he pretty much does this. On the Warriors, the guy couldn't even make a layup in transition... he really looked like a scrub. Next season he's finishing in traffic with the bump. On the Knicks, his weaknesses were defense, reacting to traps, turnovers and inability to go left. All of these have improved noticeably.

This offseason I expect him to fix his 3 point shot.

6. catch22

catch22 Member

nash is great but i would say lin's defence is already better than nash (how hard can that be?)

in terms of offence, nash's FG is almost 50% at his prime, there is no comparison

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

how do you know he isn't SAS?:)

8. Jedster

Jedster Member

Nah you rate him too highly. Don't joke about such serious things!
    His upside is somewhere between Tony Parker and Jason Kidd!! :grin:

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

You and the LOFs both need to have angry smex with each other. Then jump off the Houston fanwagon.

If you dont support the team and any of its player than you dont need to be a fan.
    If you only jump for one player and pretend you're a fan of the team same thing applies.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i total disagree on this part of your post.

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Adding little variety, whether you make it or not, atleast puts your defender off balance a bit. Plus shooting jumpers in rhythm is better for guys like him who tend to be streaky and tend to shoot in rhythm.
    Its still better than just going straight hard to the rim and run into a wall sometimes.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You've got to shoot when the defense gives you the shot. There's no other way around it.

- Alston, Rafer

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

are you sure it is from rafer? i thought it might come out from ryan bowen's mouth.

14. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If your forte isn't shooting the trey, then you're better off shooting a higher % shot. BTW Rafer is wasting away in China somewhere.

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Also, Lin already tried the spot up shooting thing which did not work out too well. Now that he is attacking the basket and making plays, we've been getting a lot of Ws. If he continued to just be a spot up shooter, our record would be really horrible right now.

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

If more than anything, Lin has at least showed that he's a starting PG material. We can agree that he has weak points he need to work on, but if he improves on these areas, he can be an all-star PG.

I also agree that Lin can try to fake all he wants, but that's not going to be as effective as being able to hit wide open shots. I think he can hit short to mid range jumpers consistently, so I don't know why he doesn't take them as often.

17. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

I think playing against Nash, Conley, Parker, etc. is very good for him. He's seeing all the variety of moves that he can incorporate into his game.

He's only started in 60 games. That's almost 2/3rds of a full season. Outside those 60 starts, he wasn't even a backup and got no playing time. He can only get better as his knees heals and learns more offensive moves.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You want to see dudes have sex with each other?

I've been a fan of the Rockets for a long time. I could careless what you have to say. Ignore me like the rest of the idiot Lin fans

19. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

Like a lot of others, I love his game...

He creates for his teammates.
    Top five in steals.
    He rebounds.
    He takes good shots, and his shot is getting better (since December 1 he has shot over 48% from the field).
    He's a winner when he starts (with the knicks and now the Rocks).
    He's coachable.
    His teammates like him.
    He's humble.
    He's asian...and so am I. It's nice to see ONE of my brothers out there.

20. MonKing

MonKing Member

Exactly. We need a secondary "ignore" that allows us to ignore a poster in quotes as well.