1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin vs A Former Rockets PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

bad taste in music? I think music are all good... nothing better nothing worse...music is all about personal emotion/experience/backgrounds...

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Allow me to do the research for the youngsters...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8W088765Vxo?list=PL3A22F5F83C9D84CC&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0YHItFncBFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of my favourite dunks, I tried to do this one in high school and almost popped my shoulder out.

3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

LOL Do you actually know what he listens to?

Music lovers of all ages will agree with Tinman on this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-BHqw-h2Rus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

One big difference between Rafer and Lin was salary.

5. split41

split41 Member

A lot of ****ting on lin going on in here. I don't think he's the best point guard, but give him a break. He's played 6 games for the team, he's coming of injury and they didn't really get a preseason.

Comparing him to a two time champion isn't really fair. He hasn't even had a chance to do anything.

6. Allegro

Allegro Member

Good point. Actually, Lin may have already passed Kenny's best year in at least some respects. Per 36 minutes, Lin's stat line last year was 19.6/8.3, whereas Kenny’s career best was 18.4/7.4. Lin’s FG% has yet to approach Kenny’s best (0.520) but the WS/48 are comparable: 0.140 versus 0.160. Remember, Kenny achieved the last number at his peak; Lin has a lot of room for growth.

So anyone saying Kenny Smith >> Lin is wrong. Lin is already comparable to the peak Kenny, is already a better passer, and is likely to improve enormously.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually the answer was rafer alston who's not a two time champion.

i was telling someone it wasn't kenny smith.

8. Allegro

Allegro Member

Oops. I need to add "when fully healthy" to "Lin is already comparable to the peak Keeny".

9. tinman

Supporting Member

He is not a better passer than Kenny Smith. Kenny's main job was to run the offense in Houston, which meant no turnovers and getting the ball to Hakeem, run pick and rolls and shoot open shots.

James Harden looks like he's running the point some times.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Clyde played as a combo guard as well. Kenny would bring the ball up and give it to clyde who then would be the playmaker in the halfcourt offense.Clyde was a great post entery passer and he was also great at skip and kickout passes to either Horry,Smith ad ET (Cassell). Pople forget how good of a passer Clyde was because he was such a great scorer.

11. split41

split41 Member

No, I know, but people in this thread have been comparing him to Kenny.

I just thought it not very supportive of our player, especially considering he hasn't been playing like complete horse doo-doo.

12. split41

split41 Member

Oh wait, no, I just skimmed the thread and read it wrong, my bad. Continue with your business.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin V Rafer.

Playmaker Rafer
    Shooter Lin
    Passer Rafer
    Handles Rafer
    Defender Rafer
    Scorer Lin
    Freethrow shooter Lin
    slasher towards the basket Lin

Better overall player, it's pretty even but i'll go for lin just

14. Allegro

Allegro Member

I did add "when fully healthy" in a subsequent post. You can't dispute the numbers: 8.4 assists per 36 minutes for Lin last season versus Kenny's <b>career best</b> of 7.4.

The minor difference in turnovers per 36 minutes (Lin 4.8; Kenny 3.2) is nothing to obsess over, as Lin can more than make up for it with his vastly better rebounding and defense.

And the eye test agrees: 8.4 or more assists per 36 minutes is what Lin is perfectly capable of achieving when the coach wakes up and realizes he has a potential all-star point guard (on merit) on his team.

15. Allegro

Allegro Member

Kenny's best statistical year (18.4/7.4 per 36 minutes) was still worse than what a really green Lin was able to achieve. And Kenny produced those numbers <b>before</b> Clyde Drexler's arrival.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Kenny's main role back then was to be strictly a playmaker especially during the title runs..Our offense revolved feeding Olajuwon and let him do the rest. Olajuwon would either look for his shot the dream drop step or the dream shake or he would find the spotu shooters after he drew double teams/collapse defense.Put Kenny on a team that needed his offense to be more active, he easily could have been a 20 points per game player.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

this thread will not affect Jeremy Lin's jump shot. I assure you.

Nor does this mean Rocket fans aren't cheering him.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think when healthy Lin will be better than Kenny Smith easily.
    If he isn't we need to get rid of him and find somebody else. I wouldn't want to build a team with kenny Smith at point unless I had Dream on that team.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah and? what the hell is a green Lin? is that like the Hulk?

What matters is what Kenny did for his team and how well he played against stronger competition like John Stockton, Penny Hardaway, Kevin Johnson, etc

20. il italiano

il italiano Member

Lmao @ Rafer Alston and Legendary Rocket pg in the same sentence.