1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There was a video? I didn’t realize that when I posted earlier. I thought it was a quote from an interview.

Let’s see. Jerry Lin gets a ring for playing a couple of minutes in the Finals for Toronto. He had a brief, shining moment in the sun with the Knicks, a storied NBA franchise. He turns that into tens of millions of dollars, more than the vast majority of the people of the world could realistically imagine ever making in a lifetime, much less a few years. All that, and because teams aren’t falling all over themselves to sign him in the middle of the off-season, he’s crying? Seriously? In a tweet? For the world to see? Are we all supposed to feel sorry for this guy?

Now I can say I’ve seen everything. My life is complete.

2. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Thanks Elton! "Your candle burned out long before, Your legend ever did"

Mazulis, Plowman, riko and 1 other person like this.
  3. acjeitherocket

go hoop overseas....

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Lin had a much longer leash in the league and made millions more than a comparable counterpart based on his marketability. He should have nothing to complain about. I understand he just wants to keep playing but guys of similar talent level wouldn’t have got nearly the amount of opportunities he did. He should be thanking his lucky stars.

Deckard likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude speaks all the time to his minions

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah rock bottom is he made $13 million last year
    Jesus and the NBA did him wrong
    Oh how hard life is
    And the need for a translator so all these people who make minimum wage at del taco can listen to
    @Zboy

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

How sheltered from reality do you have to be to think that "hitting rock bottom" means being unable to sign an NBA contract!?! Disgusting.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Next time you feel sorry for yourself
    Make sure it’s on video with a translator so all your followers in other countries understand your hard life

AroundTheWorld and persian hoopa like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

go to china

10. tinman

Supporting Member

This weak mentality would never work in the 90s
    Hakeem or Max would have slapped him

dachuda86 and Tfor3 like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They still might slap him present day!

tinman and dachuda86 like this.
  12. jayland

jayland Member

So many drama queen celebrities whose life is better than 99.99% of people living on earth that wants to portray themselves as poor victims you should feel sorry for these days.

From Lin crying it's so unfair when his NBA earnings and fame far exceeded his level of talent. There's Kaepernick saying he lost everything for standing up for what he believes in, right after getting a fat endorsement deal from Nike.

Then you have that Empire actor who takes it even further and hires Nigerian princes to beat him up and then say it was a bunch of racist Trump supporters waiting out in the freezing cold to lynch and bleach him.

davidio840, payaso, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Lin was never overly talented. Not a good shooter, average handles, not a good decision maker but what he had was a great first step and a pick and roll game. Once he lost his speed his lack of overall talent shone through

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

I want to see
    Lin
    Carmelo
    Lamar Odom

As a Big three team

Called HasBeens

15. riko

riko Member

His extreme out of touch with reality fan base are probaly the reason the hate is thrown his way unfairly

kjayp and T for 3 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some positive vibe!

https://static.nytimes.com/email-co...gion=copy&emc=confirmregi_MSB_20190728&nl=MSB

#116 daywalker02, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  17. HardLin

HardLin Member

So, I'm not sure the exact source of that video is, but since it's summer I'll assume that's his annual speaking event in Taiwan where he gives witness at a large church there. Basically when you give witness you're supposed to navel gaze and tell the whole world your anxieties and fears. So for your typical NBA fan this is going to seem whiny and pouty and unbecoming of someone privileged enough to have a multi-year career in the NBA.

In witness he's encouraged to cry tears if he feels it and humble himself before God. This is pretty much 180 degrees from the killer instinct that Kobe tried to instill in him. So there was always going to be a disconnect between the way his beliefs tell him to behave, and the way he's expected to behave as an NBA player.

So for those of you turned off by the video, perhaps a little context helps? I don't think he's enough of an attention w**** to just gather the cameras around him to cry about his ending career in the NBA. Especially since anyone can tell him that crying about it publicly is not going to help. He doesn't care, he's doing it for a different reason.

kjayp, Wommy, BaselineFade and 3 others like this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

Lin has been an average NBA player who has made millions playing a game he loves. He had one short amazing stretch with the Knicks when Linsanity was all the rage. He has made a decent but far from great career since. Given his bank account should look amazing, I will not feel sorry for him. We should all be so lucky to be able to make millions doing something we love.

payaso likes this.
  19. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Got a feeling Cod will chime in on this thread at some point

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jeremy Lin is a good guy, why’re you so mean on him? He was always hard working when he played for Rockets.

I don’t get why he get so much hate. Smh.