1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin on Coach McHale...and the rest of the staff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Apr 10, 2013.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Not sure this warrants a thread of its own but there's been so much said about the whole McHale-Lin dynamic here, so much of it ugly, and this is nice.

I think I'm an anomaly here, and probably a lot of other places as well. I love both Jeremy Lin AND Coach McHale. I really do. What I really want is for both of them to be happy, both of them to be here, when we win it all, whenever that may be.

That said, I really liked these quotes about the coaching staff from Jeremy:
    It's not the first time that Jeremy has tried to shift the focus of the credit to the coaching staff, either. Yeah, sometimes I'm shaking my head too with some of the things that McHale does....but, look, J and Coach really are OK....and that warms my heart.

Go Rockets!!

8 people like this.
  2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

JLin is just being classy. He wouldn't tell you what he really thinks when we sat on the bench during the 4th quarter.

1 person likes this.
  3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Although I don't believe Lin actively dislikes McHale, categorizing their relationship from what one of them says about the other to the press is kind of stupid.

1 person likes this.
  4. pnr

pnr Member

He's always so PC about everything. You don't know what he's really thinking..

5. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

OK then. Forget it. I'm stupid. Can the thread just be deleted somehow?

Thanks!

6. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

It's hard not to like Lin. Can't understand the thought process of LOH's.

2 people like this.
  7. just a word

just a word Member

And you don't know if he's really thinking anything negative, so that's just as flawed an assumption.

1 person likes this.
  8. Fighton

Fighton Member

they don't like lin because lin fans think the world of him and can be irrational at times. get that?

yeah me neither.

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

well if you're an anomaly then so am i. i too think the staff has done a pretty respectable job with what they were given this year. mchale irritates me with what he says to the press at times but i think he just doesn't have a very good filter and say things that he probably later came to regret.

anyway, back to the staff - they've done very well. nice job. but there definitely is talent on this team; lots of it. they've done a good job in balancing between controlling the youth and getting out of their way.

and as for what lin said... i think he respects and likes the staff; may not agree with their decisions all the time but you never agree with everything your coach does anyway. i know i didn't but still loved my high school coach. also, he will never take any credit, and will never run anyone else under the bus, players or coaches.

1 person likes this.
  10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good, positive thread. Lin is aware of his limitations and his growing pains. He's a good dude and will only get better under McHale's developing system. Don't listen to these clowns above.

1 person likes this.
  11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It is quite remarkable that Coach McHale's personal tragedy hasn't dented his coaching performance. It must really take a gigantic effort to separate work and personal life to this extent, and honestly, I think the general audience has pretty much forgotten that he lost a child just a few months back - the article from Jason Friedman is an example: he didn't mention this obstacle in the Rockets' return to the playoffs.

McHale is a professional through & through

12. Code Red

Code Red Member

The bigger picture is that we're the youngest team in the league with the most new players coming in, and we are going to the playoffs. We overachieved and that's pretty amazing.

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

A perfect diplomatic response. Even if there's discord in the ranks, Lin will always talk positively in public about the people he works with.

14. underoverup

underoverup Member

THIS IS A THREAD OF POSITIVITY REJOICE!

:)

15. Code Red

Code Red Member

And that's why Lin is a great role model. Lol :) :grin:

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they support new york?

then there's the other factor, many Lin fans are intolerable douchebags, wanting rid of those people isn't a reflection upon Jeremy, and is doing us all a service.

17. Postcall

Postcall Member

I will say that as of late Mchale has been really good with his rotations. The last 5 or 6 games he has not made me scratch my head once. The changes happened pretty quickly as well. Very little to grip about we are 5-1 in our last 6 games I think.

18. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

He is a true christian baller from church league that just happed to make it to the NBA to much CBS tinman

19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

He does give good, diplomatic responses in general.

In this case, he wasn't asked about the coaches, he was just asked why he thought the team came together so well. He brought up the coaching in his answer, and he wasn't being prompted to talk about coaches.

1 person likes this.
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Remember Moochie Norris? I am not even sure he could make it in the church league. Lin is in another class.