1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin 2019 NBA Finals MVP Highlights

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Jul 4, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard Lin’s brother wants his Lin fans to leave Clutchfans too

CometsWin and yoeddy like this.
  2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I heard real Rockets fans want you to leave Clutchfans too since you've clearly proven to b a fake Rockets fan who doesn't even live in Houston and hasn't been to a game at TC in decades

Take @Rasheed with you

3. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

This was pretty funny...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

His numbers last year with ATL off the bench were pretty respectable. Sucked for 20 some games with TOR and now seems like he's about to be out of the league. He's only 30 so it's kind of sad especially coming off a horrible injury.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. Caprah

Caprah Member

Wahhh wahhh I suck at basketball and no one wants me .. but I thought lin was better then harden lol

Beardnation13 the LOF and his billion different ids are on death watch.

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude was playing on the second team in Atlanta which was pretty much garbage time. Notice how Trey young flourished after Lin left.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

40 years from now, Knicks fan will still talk about that magical three weeks.

tinman and CometsWin like this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

CF, what yall do man? Yall made him cry and ****. Not cool.

tinman likes this.
  12. yoeddy

Pretty amazing that a top draft pick can flourish in the NBA...

13. yoeddy

Gotta say, this is not a good look for him. Probably the nail in the coffin for his NBA career. Can't imagine any NBA GM seeing this and thinking that Lin would be a good addition to their team.

Hoping Lin joins his brother in the Taiwan league and caps his pro career with family...

tinman likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It sucks for Lin, but he has done really well for himself over his NBA career (regarding career earnings). The Linsanity stuff truly got to his head though and since he has never been able to replicate what was the best stretch of his career it has always dragged him down. I'm talking what it seems like depression.

He always feels like the world is against him and as if he thinks that he is always facing adversity when he truly isn't. Initially, he faced adversity, but once he made it, he should of just focused on being the best player he can be. The reality is that he is just an average role player who was never going to be a star. For a role player, he has had a lengthy career. He should be able to transition into a lengthy international career if he keeps his head straight. He definitely did not have a good showing towards the end of the season (he had a good opportunity with Van Fleet out so many games). Otherwise, he may have fielded calls. At this point, he is not good enough to be part of a playoff teams rotation and the aura of his "potential" has finally worn away now that he is seeking his next contract.

I don't dislike the guy and I get what it's like to struggle with feeling like a failure (you can tell he is upset that he has never met the high expectations he has of himself), but I truly wish that he is able to come to terms with transitioning to the next chapter in his life.

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Not a mentally strong dude. Hard Palo Alto life.
    Remember he was asking god for help when he kept playing terribly for Houston.

What he never did was improve his jump shot or became a smarter point guard.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

He kept jumping teams and thinking he was better than he was. He needed to improve his game but didn’t. He seemed to care more about his brand then actually improving his game.
    Patrick Beverley kept improving his game and his three point shooting is not bad.

If he goes overseas and plays without pressure then he will do fine . He’s not great under pressure and at this point it’s not about money. He’s plenty rich.

18. yoeddy

I don't think there is a single person knowledgeable about the NBA that thinks Lin didn't improve his game over his career. By the time he got to Charlotte, his two biggest weaknesses (man-defense and going left) were no longer weaknesses. Every year, there were articles talking about him working with shooting coaches to improve his shot. All the while, he was changing teams almost every year, having to learn new coaches, new systems, new roles, new teammates etc. To say that he didn't work on improving his game is simply wrong.

And yes, I am sure Bev improved his game as well. But there isn't much evidence to say that Bev has improved his own game significantly more than Lin. Sorry, but it's true.

19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Palo Alto and Harvard lifestyle. Then $50 million on Nba.

This entitled rich rid knows nothing about hardknock life and is now complaining again about how he's down on his luck.

No wonder really street life ballers like Jr Smith and Melo didn't want to play with him and asked Dolan not to sign this spoiled brat.

tinman likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The evidence is that Beverley was a sought after free agent and Jeremy Lin is not.

Zboy and tinman like this.