1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jenna's Farewell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DREAMer, Apr 29, 2000.

1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Ace,

"DREAMer, if we go by your means you yourself should not have posted what you did in the first place? Why? Because it lacks class. According to you, how is what you're doing any different from what we did to Jenna before?"

Not what you (in the plural sense) did, HOW you (in the plural sense) did it. I think I was very civil in my post. I didn't go into a tirade.

"I do not understand why it is wrong for us to point out what is clearly something that was not right on Jenna's part. How does that "lack class"?"

Go right ahead and point out every single occurence of inconsistency or anything with a lack or value on the BBS, but just do it in a civil manner. Or, I'll post another thread about it. [​IMG]

----------------------------------------

(Jeff) "If you don't like what she said or how she behaved, wouldn't it be more productive just to ignore the post altogether? Just a thought."

(Ace) "Jeff, why do you even bother to post, then? If I was trying to catch anyone's attention, I would start my own thread labeled: "Please stop asking for attention, damn it!"

Most posters said she was craving attention.... Jeff simply observed that the responses just gave her what she wanted. The posters Jeff was referring to were not "just craving attention", therefore his responding to them did not commit the same inconsistency as did the posters he referred to.

"In all seriousness, though, I think this "we should just ignore it" thing is getting out of hand. We should all stop posting, then. In fact, the whole BBS should be shut down. See where I am going?"

Some posts are better just to be ignored and left alone. If you don't see that, oh well...

"DREAMer, you said this was not about Jenna. Well, you know what? It is. We cannot generalize here. You should have read the Comets post. Why? Because it is directly related to that which we are speaking of now. You cannot disagree with any of us unless you know about our reasons behind our complaints.

It didn't have to be Jenna it could've been any poster. I am still only referring to the reaction the post received. And, I CAN disagree if I feel your reactions were over the line.

"You said that we shouldn't be bothered by her comments .... I certainly don't like it when people try to stick their luck in my face in such a manner. Surely, had she taken a different tone about it all I would not have reacted in such a way."

So, because she did what she did, you're ONLY choice was to do what you did? Hmmmm.... Just like those cops who shot that African guy in N.Y. Because he did what he did (pull out his wallet), they had to do what they did (shoot him six times, killing him). Well, to me those cops OVERREACTED!!!, just as some did to Jenna.

JEFF,

I have four cats. As I said, testosterone is not the only factor, when it comes to aggressiveness. But, I would venture to say in humans, (who lack the same instinctual aggression as animals), the effect is even greater. But, if someone has an aggressive dog, who is causing problems, isn't one of the first things people say is to get the dog fixed? Even you said that around 50% of the males cats neutered lost some aggression. My male cat is neutered and he's the most friendly cat I've ever known. But, when we "wrestle" he still gets frisky. Then again, I don't think he was naturally overly aggressive to begin with. Okay, your ploy to get me off the subject has worked... thanks [​IMG]

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I initially wanted to stay out of this, but I was wondering about Jenna's "bragging." I never took it as "bragging" (though maybe I missed a particular post), just her telling us of her experiences. I might now be less inclined to share any personal experiences here, for fear that someone would accuse me of bragging and being pretentious.

I started a thread about a concert I will be attending this summer. I'm not trying to brag about it (okay, maybe a little [​IMG]), I'm just excited and wanted to share it with my extended family on CC.net.

I think it would be very sad if no one ever shared any experiences with the rest of us here, especially basketball experiences.

Once again, maybe I missed something, but I for one want to hear peoples' various stories, whether they involve Karl Malone or the WNBA.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

3. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

My, my, Jenna really knows how to spark up a conversation here doesn't she!

To be honest, I haven't read all 40+ posts discussing why the previous topic was deleted. I read the first post just to see why there was yet another post about Jenna leaving. Then I read Clutch's follow-up to find out what was really up. After that...... zzzzzzzz.

Look people, it's too early in the off-season for me to be even remotely interested in this. (So why am I posting?!)

Since it is the off-season and her other 2 teams (Heat, Jazz) are in the playoffs, it's a good time for her to take a vacation from cc.net.

She'll be back. Where else is she going to go as a Rocket fan? My site is taking the summer off so she has to come here. [​IMG]

Come preseason she'll be jonesing like the rest of us and join in on trade discussions, free agent aquisitions, draft picks and all that.

As a fan of the Rockets, you know she's reading right now. She be always be here, posting or not, just like the rest of us.

You see, what Clutch hasn't told any of us is that he's secretly figured out the HTML equivalent to hereoin. This site is laced with it. It's everywhere.

I'm so hooked that by Monday (I generally stay away during the weekends) I'm shaking and sweating and cramping.... it not pretty. But once I get my fix on Monday morning, I'm usually ok.

So my point is.... just let it go. Having a thread that has over 40 posts about why Jenna ran away and why her previous topic disapeered is really kinda silly. Yet here I am contributing to it..... go figure.

Anyway. Maybe she thought it was silly too and maybe that's why she deleted her post. Makes sense to me.

So anyway, about those Rockets.....

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Dreamer,

this has been a funny thread.

I dont agree with your view on the reactions and all, but its still interesting to discuss.

lol,

I still dont see the point about the testosterone thing though. I know plenty of girls who play really mean competitive basketball. Some would even label them as dirty. My wife can be competitive and agressive.

I believe its the more the nurturing than the nature.

Yet another point to disagree on. [​IMG]

------------------
    I want to defend Cato in this sig, but I cant think of anything to write.

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Man, I missed all the craziness here. Should I be glad? I hate drama!

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Prediction:

Jenna will return to the BBS under an assumed name and give you all hell!

Just kidding.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!