1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff where is the dirt you spoke of, at the groundbreaking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by r-fan-since-81, Aug 1, 2001.

1. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Great job on the photos! Now we need the dirt.

------------------
    Keep Mo Ta & now we have Ta Mo

2. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

with all the Hakeem stuff going on, I just wanted to bring this post back to the top. :rolleyes:

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Sorry. This Hakeem thing made me hold off on that.

A couple of things...

Cat and Griffin were "introduced" by one of the Rockets media guys. They had met, but not as "Rockets." They hugged and talked for a while.

Cat bearhugged Rudy (as Clutch mentioned) and held onto him like he was Cat's long lost brother. They looked like war buddies or something. Then, Cat kissed Comets coach Van Chancellor and Van said, in his Mississippi drawl, "Aw, Cuttino. Aw, c'mon!"

Everyone was pretty bummed about the Hakeem thing and I heard that basically the writing was on the wall. Most seemed to know that it was over.

Also, the team is totally loving Griffin both as a player and a person. They just love this kid and want to use him at 3 positions. They think his defense is already NBA level.

Collier is still having some problems with his rehab. There is a question whether or not he'll be ready for the season but no one is sure. He is working hard to get back but he may have had a setback that could hold him out for a while longer which is why he missed the Rocky Mountain Review. Projections are anywhere from ready for the first game to missing a month of the season.

Griffin was REALLY quiet and reserved. It was a complete contrast to Mobley who was funny and outgoing.

That's really about it. Everything else I heard ended up happening yesterday.