1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Gundy picks Rockets to win the title

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Mariachi ROCKET

LMAO

Gets me laughing every single dayum time :)

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

if we could hire him as a defensive coach...

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Geez, could you imagine a Van Gundy coached Rockets team with Dwight Howard, Omer Asik, and Patrick Beverley in the starting lineup? They'd set a record for opponent's PPG.

As for his championship pick, the only thing holding them back(aside from injuries which are unpredictable) is a lack of experience. Howard and Harden have each been to the Finals with other teams, but the rest of the Rockets are very young and untested. In terms of talent though, I'd put them right up there with any other team in the league.

4. MDPJlin

MDPJlin Member

JVG + Yao

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

JVG is the homer that left home.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG is so loyal he is so hilarious.

We've got a good team, but we have flaws for sure. I think a young team like ours will struggle in tough close playoff games.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad JVG recognizes our core bunch.

Thanks Clutch!

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

JVG is spot on. Thunder are diminished and Westbrook is a questionmark. Rockets are actually an easy pick for the championship. We just don't get any love.

9. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Other people....

It could have been Rudy T. lol I still think the Rockets would be the #1

10. thejav

thejav Member

Doesnt he say that every year...

11. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I think he's right!

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Fire racist McHale! Bring in NYK great JVG!

/LOF

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

For the people that hate Dwight. Both the Van Gundy brothers love him, even the brother who got fired because of him. People forget he was 25 when that happened and he was already in the finals.

For the people that say the JVG is a homer. He didn't pick the Knicks to win it all.

He said what many of us have been complaining about, this team needs defense and there is no better player then Dwight to help with that. Since scoring isn't going to be the issue, don't go and add a stretch four that has a vagina on defense.

JVG is smart, as smart as the come, he can even make the sound of a goldfish kiss PIP! -Dr Seuss

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I always loved JVG, and he's obviously supporting Rockets more than Knicks. Rick is a great coach, but I would have been perfectly fine with JVG to continue. I don't like how Rockets dealt with JVG in process of firing him, at all.

We always complained that JVG's offense was too predictable. But his option was really limited. Even then, he kept emphasizing pushing the ball. Had he had players like Scola, Landry, AB, Lowry etc, they would have gone a lot further. TMac actually listened to him.

Anyways, it's always nice to see some Rockets homers on TV.

15. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

It goes with what I posted a few days ago. Houston has to be the greatest city in the country because anyone that lives here for any period of time, loves it an never wants to leave. And if they do leave, they always come back. There's plenty of active players of every sport that live here, retired players, coaches, now we just need the celebrities and we will have it all.

Guy like mutombo is a good example. He only played here for a few seasons, but he still lives in Houston and was in the recruiting process of Dwight this summer. Even though he played for other teams longer and during his prime. Jalen rose said he loves Houston the other day as well. Kevin durant said the same thing during the all star break. Everyone loves this city and people are starting to realize it nation wide. Houston is about to be the new hotspot for rich people to come live. You can have the city life or the private life. With nothing being as expensive as other big cities.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jeff Van Gundy is a gentleman and a scholar of the game. This statement proves it. Thanks, Clutch!

(he's too young to have dementia)

17. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I love JVG. He did the Rockets game at Golden State a few years ago. We arrived very early and watched warmups. JVG was just standing around and I talked to him for about 5-10 minutes. Nicest guy in the world. It was like we were old friends. Gotta love him.

18. dragician

dragician Member

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Maybe we can lure JVG back after Howard inevitably gets McHale fired

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It has been said, it must be done..:eek:

[​IMG]

Love, JVG!!!

2 people like this.