1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Green (The Puzzle Piece We Need??)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by -Stokemeister-, Jul 9, 2013.

1. -Stokemeister-

-Stokemeister- New Member

As much as I would love LMA or Love I just don't see either of those teams trading the face of their franchise for Asik... A superstar for a good role player is not going to happen. If either of those teams were thinking about getting rid of those two players they would be looking for and getting much better offers else where.
    D12 left LA because he wants to win now. I like our young 4's but honestly neither are ready to play deep into the playoffs or even for a title they both have growing and maturing to do!
    I am a believe in defense wins titles in the finals games slow way down and it becomes more possession basketball. So i don't think just a shooting stretch 4's (ex. Anderson) who cannot play good defense is not an option.
    The player I would try to target now would be Jeff Green from Celtics for Asik package. I'm not sure what other assets both teams would put up but Green is a premier defender and can hit the open 3 and drive to create for others! The Celtics have great young prospects at the 4 (Kelly O). and although they said they are not tanking.. I honestly do not believe that.
    Lin Rondo
    Harden AB
    Parsons Tank (Wiggins/ Parker)
    Green Kelly O
    D12 Asik
    Both Lineups look good imo

2. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I don't know if the Celtics will be willing to give him up. I would think they are trying to rebuild around Rondo, and Green is a big part of that.

3. chandlerbang21

green stepped it up big last season and grew as a player. I would welcome here in htown

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

It would be awesome, but highly unlikely.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Don't like that contract. Keeps the roster locked in for the most part, and I'd only like to do that if we were to get LMA or Love somehow.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Green would be a good fit here. I think the possibility of getting Kelly O thrown in is reaching though.

7. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if either GM does this but it is interesting.

Couple of things that concern me about Green would be:

1. Can he guard legit PFs like L.Aldridge, Love, Pau, Blake?

2. Other concern would be his health(heart condition)

1 person likes this.
  8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Read somewhere he prefers guarding 3s and wasn't particularly good at guarding 4s.

9. basketballholic

You should probably only consider Asik trades if they will lead to the acquisition of a superstar somehow. The moves of Lin and Asik are more likely to be sequential, Lin first and then Asik. What we trade for depends somewhat on what we get for Lin (if anything) or whatever we can get for Lin plus another asset.

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Will not be traded.

11. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I dont know if this works or not but would love to see Green in Rockets. maybe we can trade Asik + Lin + Donuts for Green + 2nd rounder or 1st rounder. this way we will have 8 mill of cap plus we can have a PF who can shoot 3's

what you guys think?

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They wouldn't but I'd at least try it.

13. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Pipe dream.

14. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

bc if it works then Bos can turn around and trade rondo during trade deadline and turn that into lottery pick plus more.

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Another way to keep presti down if we have his rejects. The only way I see him being shopped is if Boston starts winning games with green in the east and wiggins is becoming an afterthought.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We have better shot at Dirk.

17. Sanity2disChaos

I mean hell if they are in the rebuilding mode then lets at least throw them aline...let them go through an extreme makeover and let them rebuild like we had to.Asik is a big man....one in a few hundred,while green is a wing,easily replaced.

This is a good trade for Boston and Rox...7" dont grow on trees.saying goes you don't trade bigs for little guys...but this is an exception.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If Jeremy Lin's inconsistency bothered you...

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

YES! he would be a great fit for our team.

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

They are not giving green up for Asik.