1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Jeff Bzdelik will coach the Defense, so if we're bad, y'all talk to him"-Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He said this during his intro press conference.

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He said it tongue in cheek, but anyone who knows how D'Antoni operates, knows he probably meant it.

4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Dantoni would fit in great at Wells Fargo. Throw the subordinates under the bus when things go badly and reap the rewards when they go well.

If I were Bzdelik, I'd already have my resume out there. This organization couldn't be any worse a fit.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Who do we talk to about the offense stagnating in the 4th quarter?

Pen15clubber and douglasreedy1 like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

'When the offense stagnates, it is up to the defence to step up, speak to Jeff'

subtomic and Mr. Clutch like this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber and J.R. like this.
  8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

James Harden probably.

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Mike has a history of this kinda thing, this isn't surprising.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Haha

thats actually pretty funny

11. Rocketeer4Life

This Jeff Bzewhatever coach needs to be ashamed of himself for last nights game with Lakers..

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

A lot of bullshit spewed at that press conference. ;)

Leslie: We felt we wanted to win all the time, every year & try for a championship at all times. We wanted someone who was the master of the craft, who knew what to do & how to win. Mike has won 60 games twice in his career. Only Doc, Pop & Kerr have done that. If you hire a young guy, he'll have a learning experience. He'll make mistakes. We, with the Rockets & James Harden, didn't want to go through that. In the NBA today, it's ball movement & speed. Mike is a real expert at that. He'll put guys in position to win & better their games. Mike always say players love to play for him. They not only get better but they get paid & he'll be a lucrative source for us in FA. All you naysayers concerning defense, we interviewed Jeff Bzdelik for 3 hours. Daryl & I were never so impressed with his knowledge, ability, how he interacts with players, his preciseness his videos, all his information. Last year, his defense was 3rd in the NBA. Daryl & I made this choice together. He's an exceptional coach. When he has decent players, he's a big winner.

Daryl: Excited to have Coach D'Antoni. I'd point out we have Harden in his prime. We're building this for a championship run. We're looking to win now. Organizations tend to go out & hire everything they think the last guy wasn't. We wanted a smooth transition. We have a roster better in transition than half court, a strong defensive roster recently(last year a tough year), we wanted to make a smooth transition & continue our winning ways. We have the 3rd best record in the NBA over the last 10 years. Only 3-4 teams have been to the WCF as many times as us in the last 10 years. We've done a lot of winning. We feel Coach D'Antoni will continue the winning ways.

Mike: Really glad to be here. Want to thank Mr. Alexander & Daryl. He said he wanted a coach that was seasoned & made his mistakes. I've done that! I know a big thing on people's mind is defense. Jeff Bzdelik will be my defensive guy. I know the final responsibility will end up on my door step but actually if the defense isn't any good, it's his fault. He'll do an unbelievable job. He has experience & I'll be leaning on him heavily.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I do think the defense will get better. Add Beverley, increase KJ's minutes and sign DMo. Those are 3 of your 5 best defenders (along with Ariza and Capela) that only got a combined 12 minutes last night.

alethios likes this.
  14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Did anyone really think we were going to be even an average defensive team? Of course not....we just need to outscore people and in the 2nd half we didn't play well enough on offense.

16. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Except for the portion he didn't play...

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Why did he even take the job?

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Where was this thread when he actually said it? Was it more humorous then and now we're more serious about it? lol.

KlutchQT likes this.
  19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Do we really have the 3rd best records in the league over the last ten years..

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[Premium Post]

The real problem is we keep hiring people with J.B. as initials for the lead assistant defensive coach. Them b****es all suck.

First Johnny Brewerstaff and now Jeff Bzdelik.