1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bzdelik Retiring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Sep 16, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Screwed we are.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I wonder if we’ll ever find out if there was anything more to this. It could very likely be it had absolutely nothing to do with the team and just simply a personal decision.

But the way Mike spoke after the decision came off as “we won’t miss him”, on top of the fact that he was “hired to lead the “defense” in a way advertised D’antoni wasnt fully trusted. And then there is his past relationship with Melo, on top of losing wing defenders.

Probably nothing. I’m bored. And we’ll never know.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun buy it. I think Mike is a good person but giving no real credit to Bzdelik is very strange.

Especially with a Defense that even the Media recognized as Top 5 during the end of season/Playoffs.

Morey and others told him to due to Publicity stuff.

Zoplicone likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It was kind of an odd time to decide not to come back, but it's likely that its nothing to do with the Rockets, and more to do with his personal life.

However..... my fears have been a bit confirmed though because it does seem as though they've had a particularly rough training camp on their defensive preparation. I couldn't see the game yesterday given the streaming BS, but the first two games gave me major concerns.

Rodgers & D'Antoni know the scheme, but how good are they are running the practices that Bzdelick would run on that end of the court? I don't think it has anything to do with losing Ariza and Luc honestly. I see a less polished, and less practiced team on the defensive end more than anything.

I don't think they are going to drop THAT far defensively though honestly. Too many good defenders still, and still a good scheme for their personnel. but I do see a decent drop off that has nothing to do with Ariza, Luc, and especially Melo. And more to do with Bzdelick not running the defensive schemes during practices.

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

JVG is available.

sirjesse likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wow this guy on the first page.

Hakeemtheking, BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

well this did not age well.

cheke64 likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The offseason was pretty clearly not good. Losing Bzdelik made it awful.

D-rock, Zboy and YOLO like this.