1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bezos getting divorced

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by robbie380, Jan 9, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-wife-mackenzie-set-to-divorce-idUSKCN1P31ML

(Reuters) - Billionaire Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive of Amazon.com Inc, and wife MacKenzie Bezos, are divorcing after 25 years of marriage, the couple said in a joint statement on Twitter on Wednesday.
    [​IMG]
    Jeff Bezos, 54, is the world’s richest person, with a fortune that has soared to more than $160 billion thanks to his stake in Amazon, which again became Wall Street’s most valuable company this week, surpassing Microsoft Inc.

The couple decided to divorce after a long period of “loving exploration” and trial separation, and expect to continue as partners in joint ventures and projects, according to the statement.

MacKenzie Bezos, 48, is an author who grew up in San Francisco, according to a 2013 profile in Vogue magazine. She attended Princeton University and met her husband when interviewing for a job at a New York hedge fund, according to the magazine. The pair have four children.

At a Business Insider event in Berlin last April, Jeff Bezos said MacKenzie’s support was instrumental when he founded Amazon as an online bookseller in 1994, and that she did the accounting for the company in its first year.

“When you have loving and supportive people in your life, like MacKenzie, my parents, my grandfather, my grandmother, you end up being able to take risks,” he said at the event.

Jeff Bezos in September committed $2 billion to helping homeless families and starting pre-schools for low-income communities. He had solicited ideas on Twitter in 2017 for ways to donate some of his wealth.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

She's about to rake it in. If there is any dispute about it, the lawyers are about to rake it in also.

These two hitting the open market dating is a golddigger's dream scenario.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They got married before Amazon. She should get 50%, that would make her the world's richest women.

CCity Zero and DaDakota like this.
  4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Guess I'm switching teams ya'll.

Jontro likes this.
  5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

6. Fantasma Negro

Should? He sold her books on Amazon so she has made profit from it already. I'm not against giving her 200 mil, she's been with the guy for 25 years and they have four kids but half, c'mon son

#6 Fantasma Negro, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    pantherheat32 likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They have both come a long way as far as appearance. Money can do amazing things.

[​IMG]

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Almost half the countries wealth just got split in two.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe should is the wrong word I am guessing she will get 50% based on the fact Amazon happened after marriage. There probably wasn't a prenup.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I bet Jeff has his own blood boy. Hell, I bet both of them do.

11. Fantasma Negro

You might be right, tho.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/09/how...s-get-in-a-divorce.html?__source=twitter|main

12. Fantasma Negro

All billionaires have them lol. I bet Bezos is just like Gavin Belson

donkeypunch and Sajan like this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Should've divorced in Texas. She'd still get half, but no alimony crap thereafter.

14. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

She's going to get 33-50%. They should just split the Amazon stock in half since that's where all their net worth is.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Major

Major Member

At a Business Insider event in Berlin last April, Jeff Bezos said MacKenzie’s support was instrumental when he founded Amazon as an online bookseller in 1994, and that she did the accounting for the company in its first year.

“When you have loving and supportive people in your life, like MacKenzie, my parents, my grandfather, my grandmother, you end up being able to take risks,” he said at the event.

DaDakota likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What the hell. She looks younger now than in this picture.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I was about to say the same thing. Damn

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Pizza_Da_Hut and vlaurelio like this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I was going to post something like this. as an early employee of the company, if she was independent, she would have also gotten shares anyway. 30%, 50%....? No, but definitely some.

I don't know or care whether 50% is the right number or where it will end up or whatever. This will be a very outlier case that should in no way impact divorce laws, imo.