1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Or it could be Sam Dekker

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 9m9 minutes ago
    Asked Harden, Howard, Beverley, Ariza about Bickerstaff's comments. Check story for quotes. Did not quote Howard. Said only wants to win.

Harden passing the ball to a teammate with 4 seconds left on the clock, being trapped in the corner multiple times turning the ball over...the iso ball played right into the pelicans hands. JB gotta be talking about Harden among other players. Lawson been ballin the past few games..he can do so much more given the chance but Harden gotta trust his teammates. Seems to be a trust issue involved here...Howard gets on my nerves with "we gotta trust one another" post game BS chatter but I'm starting to see why he keeps saying it. Now he's saying that he wants to win repeating JB's mantra tonight in unison..JB mentioned this isn't about getting the glory making shots...hmmm

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course it is Harden - a lot of us have been saying this - it is clearly a ME issue.

Harden tries to do too much - and it kills the team......once he learns to do a little less and trust his teamates to do a little more, the team will be much better.

Think about it....who has hit the big shots in Rockets history? ROLE Players.

Horry, Elie, Cassel, Smith, Johnson - Hakeem learned to trust them.

A rising TIDE lifts all boats.

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

The guy who got his head up Kardashian's ass, can't play defense, handles the ball all the time callin' out other guys. :grin:

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

McHale is clearly the blame

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the problems seemed larger than a handful of late-game misses.

"Individually guys are doing their own thing right now," Harden said. We're not together all the time. Offensively, defensively, whatever is going on in their head, it's not for the team.

"Guys have to be willing to listen and do what it takes. I'm focused on winning. That's the most important thing."

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Can't think of anyone else besides Harden that he'd be talking about. Jones seemed a bit ball-hogish tonight, but he is not usually like that. I think he was trying to do too much against his old teammate AD.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Please do not compare our role players to championship caliber role players.

There are some good young guys but it is too early. :eek:

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Rockets scored 5 points in the last 7 1/2 minutes against the Pels. If you honestly believe that is more on Howard than Harden, you're pretty hopeless.

Howard definitely has his issues, but he wasn't the reason the Pels closed the game on a 14-5 run.

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does a Center score if the Guard never gets him the ball....We win if they dump it down to Howard and he gets fouled 2-3 times instead of jacking 8 threes in a row

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

But does it really matter if he's not consistent?

I like JB, but he's not the guy. I think he has real potential as a head coach, but probably needs to get his feet wet somewhere else. I think this stage, these players and the teams issues are too much for him to handle.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

This leadership issue going on is nuts. It shouldn't be that hard..however, when your best player that supposed set an example is making news hanging out a stripper clubs and dating reality tv show chics etc which I'm not blaming honestly...but when you put your business out in the streets versus keeping your private life private all that crap appears to be the priority. Regardless if it's FAIR or not. I bet Harden's teammates are questioning all of it. How does Harden overcome the BS he's created to lead this team. Cuz right now it looks EGO driven. I'm a Harden fan however, when it comes to leadership he's being exposed and he needs to do something about it because comparing Harden's summer to another player like Curry it doesn't even come close in comparison to who dedicated themselves to being a better player this summer. Just my opinion from the eye test point of view. As I said, it's not a fair assessment but unfortunately based on Harden's summer of partying hard and the results we see now it's hard to see the state of affairs in other way right now. The lifestyle catches up and right now it's sitting flat on Harden's head.

Howard should be the one to lead but he's an enigma when it comes to leadership so bottom line it's on Harden by default.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Dribble the shot clock down and quickly pass it to your teammate with 3 seconds left on the shot clock??? James harden does this time and time again. Selfish basketball. If you're going to dribble the shot clock down and do nothing with it you take the terrible low percentage shot!

How can you play with this guy. His stats are fools gold.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden has TMac-itis.

Every time there is a mistake it is "We" have to do better.

Every time he does something it is "I" imposed my will.

He better grow up fast.

DD

15. Raven

Raven Member

Just because lead dog is slacking doesn't mean teammates can do the same.

If lead dog is slacking off, step the #### up.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Let's be honest everyone in this team tries to ISO almost every trip down the court. How many times did we see Bev and freeken Ariza try to ISO

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

It's alright, we're gonna be alright.

18. ibm

ibm Member

then the "teammates" virtually become the "lead dog", no?

19. ibm

ibm Member

not sure about this one.

a 26yr-old s/b fully grown already, esp. considering the # of yrs in the league...

20. houtown

houtown Member

Howard keeps talking about trust, yet it seems like he has the worse body language and trusts his teammates the least when getting frustrated during games.