1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Players only do what the Coach allows em for the most part.

Iso at end of the games as we watch the lead dwindle every time when simple passes would suffice.

Brewer constantly driving full force into the paint and getting nothing out of it.

Benching Thronton for no reason

Fkced up Rotations.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He should have called a time out the moment Ariza got the rebound on the defensive end if he were adamant about respecting the game.

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I like it!

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think it's even an issue of what he wants to do.

He doesn't look right physically. Like he's playing sick, injured or out of shape

6. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Yeah. That was obvious to me as well. He looked checked out.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Sounds to me like Harden, Jones, Thornton, and Beverley.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but I agree. How many losses have they had to lousy opponents even after the McHale firing? They lost at Brooklyn, Denver, Sactown, Orlando, and now New Orleans. All of those were winnable games. And all had a familiar pattern. The Rockets give up huge scoring quarters because they don't play any defense, get lazy on offense, and make careless turnovers.

At some point, either these guys don't care or they're incapable of playing the way JB and the rest of us expect. JB is talking as if it's the former. If it is, it's on him to change their attitude or on Morey to change the personnel. But it's entirely possible it's the latter. Maybe Dwight can't bring it every night anymore. Maybe Ariza is starting to decline. Maybe Brewer's season last year was an aberration. Maybe Lawson sucks unless he's getting liquored up every night. Maybe T-Jones will never become a serviceable much less respectable 4.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

JB may be right, but it's dangerous to call players out publicly, they might decide to quit on you. Just ask McHale.

Bill O'Brien never publicly questions the effort of his players, even when we lost by 40 pts.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Sounds like he's calling out Dwight for b****ing and moaning about not getting shots.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fans need to make up their mind...I thought y'all wanted a coach who would say these things that obviously need to be said. McHale was too vague...this doesnt name anyone, but he takes as far as a coach probably can.

Personally, I think hes referring to Harden, at the very least. Its not going to be the guys who hardly play or have small roles.

2 people like this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

JB should do the right thing and step down as coach. It's time he moved on from being over his head.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden and JB failed tonight. Odd night for this to happen, but whatever. Disgusting display in the 4th quarter of a game we should have handily won.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I haven't watched thsi game yet so I have no idea who he is calling out but they are certainly strong words and I like to hear the coach saying them.

He could be calling out players for being selfish or for only playing for their next contract(i.e Jones or Lawson) or for trying to boost their stats to show more and become All stars...I don't know but I doubt he just says them without someone in mind specifically.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That's such a Team-Dwight thing to say

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Video posted and added to the original post...

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He really can't talk after he froze up with the timeouts in the clutch

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

At some point you have to..He's got nothing to lose, anyway. I doubt he had a real shot at getting the job next year...This might be the only way he might, if things change..otherwise, it was going to be .500 ball the rest of the year

19. Rocketeer4Life

If winning is your priority, why always play Brewer instead of Thornton? JB is full of s***!

20. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

He should be calling out himself for not calling timeout. Basketball IQ is desired and required to win games. Come on, YOU are the coach!