1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jazz vs. Blazers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, May 6, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Just curious- who is everyone pulling for this series, and who do you think will win? On one hand, you have the team we've hated for so long in Utah with Flopton and Malone. I'd be definitely rooting against them, only it would kill me to see Pippen advancing in the playoffs. Personally, I think I would like to see Utah win, as unbelievable as that sounds, because I can't stand for Quitten to win one game. However, I think Portland will take this series. As they showed in the Seattle series, Utah is a completely different team away from home. They show their age away from the Delta Center. In this series, they have to win one road game in Portland. I don't think they can, although I do believe this playoff series will be the best of the 4 semifinal matchups. My prediction: Blazers in seven.

------------------

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

Is there any way possible to incite the players to go on strike at this point in the season and not have the finals? There's no one I'm really pulling for. Reasons:

Lakers -- Lakers and NBA
    Blazers -- Pippen
    Jazz -- Jazz
    Suns -- Hardaway
    Heat -- Riley
    76ers -- Iverson
    Knicks -- Knicks and NBA
    Pacers -- Larry has too many rings, but I could live with them winning.

If we can't have a strike-shortened playoffs, go Pacers.

------------------

[This message has been edited by TraJ (edited May 06, 2000).]

3. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I have the same dilemma as you do.

TraJ, I don't like any of the remaining teams either (in the order of most hated):
    Blazers -- Pippen & Paul Allen (M$)
    Lakers -- Zzz Master, Shaq, & Kobe (not as much anymore)
    Jazz -- Jass
    Heat -- Riley
    Knicks -- Ewing & Sprewell
    Pacers -- Miller (though I gained a little bit respect for him for giving Milwaukee credit) & Bird (I was a Sixer fan)
    Suns -- Hardaway
    76ers -- Iverson

I think Blazers will win in 6.