1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz Board Trash Talk Clutchcity.net

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bookit, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Bookit

Bookit Member

HOOP-T, yeah, I was just passing it along for all to see. Do with it what you will.

------------------

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Oh no ill will towards you! I thank you for posting this, because I can take comfort that someone here will go register and wreak havoc over there. He he!

I just have no desire myself!

------------------
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.
    KNIGHTS OF NI:
    Ni! Shh!
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

3. Live

Live Member

Absolutely, HOOP-T.

Why waste the energy and thought responding to Jazz fan?

I'd worry more about a Mavs team that should have beaten them Sat.

------------------

4. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Jazz fans got nothing better to do since for the umpteenth consecutive play-off appearance, the best thing will happen to them is a chance to dog an upcomming Mave team in 5 and get swept by SA in the next round.

In other words, another donut to the awesome collection of futility.

------------------
    "The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till the other is ready." -HDT

5. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Go! Mavs! [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

6. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

DAMNIT I get sick of this. If there are 10 things you should know about posting on this BBS, one of them is to avoid casting ugly aspersions towards Mormons.

It seems like every time a thread about the Jazz comes up, I have to post this.

------------------
    BK: "Hey coach, great season. Thanks!"

Rudy: "Thanks guys, appreciate the support."

This really happened.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Did you know it's still "legal" to shoot a Mormon in the head in Missouri??

[​IMG]

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

OK, who is JOE SMITH on the Jazz board???? I didn't want to visit their site, but after your post, I had to! Why did they hand the reigns of the site to an incompetent admin? Funny stuff.

------------------
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.
    KNIGHTS OF NI:
    Ni! Shh!
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited April 24, 2001).]

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

OK, who is JOE SMITH on the Jazz board????

[​IMG]

now they are talking about the band U2 and still trying to figure out what happened to their site.

------------------
    right on

10. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Saved me a retort. Thanks Brian. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

"they are the greatest and most loyal fans in the league."

They may seem loyal now, but once Malone and Stockton are gone I am interested in seeing exactly how many fans they have. See if they can sell out the Delta Center after that.

I think the most loyal fans in the NBA truly are Kings fans, as it says in their arena. All of these years with horrible records and they still hand a lot of fans in the seats.

------------------

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok I got a little hot headed , I know most Mormons dont commit bigamy (except for those ones on 48 hours). They had to renounce it to become a state . Plus they have the best center in the NBA
    Shawn "The Mormon Mountian" Bradley , And he couldn't even fit two wives in his house .

------------------
    Vice President of Executive Operations of the Sean Colson Fan Club

http://bbs.clutchcity.net

13. unt2003

unt2003 Member

what is up with making fun of the mormons!?!?! [​IMG] Anyways, Jazz fans are morons, how freakin funny is that all their post got zapped. I like how a poster noted that something always is going on because of the may posts on this site. How crummy must their admin feel if he cant hold up their pathetic site, which doesnt have that much post.

------------------

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

well, what else is there to do in Utah ?

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

16. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

C'mon, "48 Hours" could make anyone look bad. Look how bad they made bikers look in the sequel... (rim shot) [​IMG]

I only bring it up because I have a close friend who's Mormon (you'd know him if I named him). I think you'd feel pretty bad if you had to explain to him, face to face, remarks like that.

Unless you study the Mormon faith closely, I think it's hard to draw an educated conclusion as to what it's really like. If all you knew about Catholicism was a sketchy awareness of Confession and the Eucharist, you might think it was pretty weird.

Back to the issue at hand, let's not laud the Jazz fans too much yet. The excellent point has been raised that it's easy to sell out the arena when your team is the only game in town and especially when that team is winning 55 games a year (75 percent of its home games).

If the Delta Center's still sold out four years from now, when Donyell Marshall is trying to lead the Jazz to a 22-60 record, I'll be impressed.

------------------
    BK: "Hey coach, great season. Thanks!"

Rudy: "Thanks guys, appreciate the support."

This really happened.

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited April 25, 2001).]