1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry says Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson are B-side players compared to James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Is Andre iguodola a alpha as well? You know, because of the finals mvp. Meanwhile Klay Thompson was busy choking throughout the series. Scoring a measly 5 points in the series clinching win.

#81 Crashlanded19, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Terry was half right. Klay = B-side player.

Kawhi? He's an A player

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Klay is a role player.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Put some respek on Kawhi's name.

DonKnock, JayGoogle, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  5. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Like I said before Kawhi is a monster and Klay is a superb systems player.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Meh. I think the real A player on the Spurs team is Coach Pop. Everyone just gets his scraps.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

this is what I wonder. How great woukd some of these Spurs players specifically Kawai Leonard be if they started their career on the Rockets.

I think this the spurs just have a great way of getting their players in shape. there motion offense requires a lot of pushing yourself specifically in cardio. They make their players do things like run a mile on nine or 10 after every practice I'm sure.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

kawhi and klay - welcome to the b-side (feat. kd da b**** and krispy kreme barklees)
    harden - 8th seed swag champs (feat. coach killa dwight, murray and jb)
    curry and kerr - the champ is here (feat. nutkicka green)

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I really hate when people say that Kawhi is just a system player. Of course great coaching makes a player better and Kawhi developed better under Pop, but he still put in the time and work to be where he is and it's completely hypothetical and unfair to keep on saying, "well.. what if he got drafted to another team.?" Kawhi is a certified Gymrat. You can put Kawhi on any other team and he would still have nights where he picks up the scoring load for the team while maintaining his elite defensive talent. Kawhi is one of the top 10 players in the league easily.

YOLO likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If you watched the game last night - Kwahi career high - you can see why he's difficult to peg offensively. He's great obviously but still not great offensively in the sense you'd give him the rock and tell him to consistently drive the ship.

But in that or any good system. With his constant movement, hustle, energy, points off d, outbacks, getting fouled, great shooting %, etc etc you get what he is when all factored together... an A side player.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kawhi I think could win the MVP.

Gonna be between him, CP3 and Westbrook. Basically whoever gets the highest seed.

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Is it posted on his wall? Or maybe as you enter the Spurs locker room.

Is the certification like a doctorate? Dr. Kawhi Leonard, GRE. Can he go back for his masters?

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron had a triple double in just 32 mins of play. I think Harden will have better statistical production over CP3 and Westbrick unless WB starts shooting 28 shots a game to score over 30 ppg.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah but our great triple chinned GM who many believe can do no wrong went for Marcus Morris because he had potential through the floor over Kawhi.

Still to this day cannot believe a GM and scouting team paid to do their due justice missed out on Kawhi when most average Joe's saw he was clearly superior to Mook Morris.

Imagine that Harden-Kawhi duo.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden will need to get a top 4 seed I think.

When's the last time a lower seeded team had the MVP winner?

16. atam

atam Member

Don't understand the Klay hate. Best 2 way guard in the league. Can't lead a team like Harden but during the playoffs while averaging 24 points a game, he guarded Harden, Lillard, Westbrook, and Kyrie, and had Bogut not gotten injured, was one game away from another championship. I wouldn't wish those defensive matchups on my worst enemy.

roslolian likes this.
  17. anchel

anchel Member

This man was Harden's mentor, our leader and wants to coach...

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Because some people are needlessly obsessed with the MJ style of play, you have to play like MJ to be called a star. Others feel the need to put Klay down because for some reason they think that puts Harden up.

People say the same thing about Kawhi, but Kawhi just dominated GSW on international tv so the haters suddenly called him a "type A" player after calling him a type B all this time.

YOLO likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Kawhi was never a B player, it's not like Harden doesn't need a system to create though maybe less than Kawhi. Just because some players need the ball in their hands for most of the shot lock, i.e. ball hogs and thus can score 40 on any given night like MJ, Iverson, Kobe, T-Mac, Westbrook regardless of the system does not mean every 'A player' or 'star' needs to be like that.

20. Mr Chuck Norris

He didn't guard any of those guys, he got ****ing destroyed by all of them. His defense is overrated and he's limited offensively but hes being talked about as the 2nd best player in the game? GTFOH.