1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Posey would be a PERFECT fit for this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jun 30, 2000.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It has been disclosed that our recent picks were picked because of how they fit the team and not necessarily on pure talent. That got me started to thinking on who out there in the league would be a great fit with the team outside of the big name superstars and I came up with James Posey as my top guy:

great perimeter D, bigger than Shandon at the 3, 2nd year in the league, supposedly has point forward skills, very good 3pt. shooter at 37.3% shooting on 220 attempts, #18 pick in '99

In summary, he's got a lot of the same qualities I was hoping our top draft pick would have (not complaining about Collier, just referring to Miller and Dermarr)

I know this is pretty random considering the draft just ended and Posey isn't necessarily on the block, but I just felt like throwing his name out there. The Magic got Abdul-Wahad for Nick Anderson after all, so we should be able to get Posey for Walt, gosh darnit!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by oakdogg (edited June 30, 2000).]

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yeah Posey is athletic and big. A 6'8 small forward would be really nice. He can shoot 3s really well and would be a nice fit.

Kenny and Future second round for POSEY.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<---would trade KT+2nd rounder for Posey.

Only problem, is then we have basically Collier and Cato up front, and if Olajuwon goes down, we're thin up there.

Then, we need to rid ourselves of this Walt character, preferably for a backup PF who's contract goes out next year. Shoot, if Denver hadn't traded Gatling, a KT/Walt for Gatling/Posey would've worked almost perfectly (we'd need to throw in a small portion of the exception, but it'd be worth it, getting rid of Walt)

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Im just trying to get KT out of here. Stick with the plan. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Gatling would be a hell of a pick up to come off the bench.

The guy scores the quietest 12-15 ppg in the league.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

6. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

your not getting posey for KT, walt, or 2nd rounders. his value is more than theirs.

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You'll take Walt and a couple of picks for him and be HAPPY about it!!!!!!! Maybe we'll even throw in Drew if you're lucky! [​IMG]

------------------

8. NugzFan

NugzFan Member