1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

James Harden's horrid performance overshadowed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 24, 2014.

?

Harden's performance overshadowed

1. A monster game by Dwight

25 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. A crapper by Jeremy Lin

14 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Kevin McHale not having any strategy against LaMarcus

82 vote(s)
    55.0%
  4. Our Bench sucked

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  5. all the good that happened this season

27 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

ok. maybe now we're getting somewhere.

do you feel tmac should be responsible for majority of the rockets playoff failure or ALL OF IT during his tenure?

and do you blame the majority of these last two losses on harden?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm not going to put percentages but leaders show passion and lead teams to victory

at first, we thought it was JVG and all those former Knicks he brought in. we got rid of that factor.

when the smoke cleared after all these years, the organization had two stars who were on the downward path and had injury problems, they kept the one called YAO MING for a reason.

The problem with game 2 was that we still didn't double team Aldrige,
    we gave Dwight the ball more often, maybe that affected Harden's rhythm.

Bad shooting is 100% on the player. Harden sucked, but his sucking doesn't turn La Marcus Aldrige into the second coming of Hakeem Olajuwon.

3. N/A

N/A Member

tinman, you're not too bright are you...

these 2 losses were collective losses. Many different factors affected both games. Poor coaching, poor officiating, Harden, Lin for tonight's game, LMA. IMO, LMA and Mchale are the two biggest reasons the Rockets are down 0-2, but you go ahead and keep thinking it's just one or two people responsible...

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lin hasn't been bad but he still is the 25 million dollar sixth man, so he needs to step it up more. His defense has been pretty good so far, so I'll give him that.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I posted a poll and 3 pictures

but you can interpret it anyway you want, maybe you can lead the X-Men to save the future too

6. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

it's funny. i actually agree with this post. but i might have to argue with my own view point then. i agree we lost game 2 because of our defensive lapses, and how we've covered LMA (not doubling, less dwight), etc.

but aren't you a big proponent that our stars have got to lead us? it's not like we haven't been in a position to win either game, and harden has failed miserably on both ends in this series so far. imo if harden plays even his normal self this season, then we might even be up 2-0.

isn't this the same criticism you have for tmac? that he didn't lead us to a victory (which i agree, he shouldn't have settled like he did down the stretch in game 7). otherwise we could just as easily say that utah was a bad matchup b/c yao couldn't guard okur who stretched the floor, and couldn't keep up with boozer in the pick and pop game. this plus little to no production from players 3 (maybe 4) to 8 on the roster.

my point is....we lost game 2 because harden didn't step up. and we lost because our defense wasn't good. just like the utah series where tmac/yao didn't really step up, and we had some bad mismatches defensively which utah exploited with boozer. right?

im just asking why in some cases, like tmac, does it got to be a singular thing, instead of losing the series because of tmac + outside factors. while for example, this game 2, it's more a harden thing + other team issues thing (which is what i agree with).

i just wanted to attack your hypocrisy and see some consistency in your logic. im out tho....i gotta sleep lol. twas somewhat enjoyable venting after that awful loss....sigh.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

hahahaha

there's no hypocrisy . Tmac consistently showed that he never wants to stay with one team when the going gets tough, he leaves.

He consistently shows lack of leadership. Even in China, he played for himself not the team. Is Marbury really that much better than Tmac? No. but he' a much better leader and his chinese team follow his lead.

There's a reason why the only season Ron Artest joins the Rockets and the Rockets attitude and results change.

Is Artest a better offensive player than tmac? no. Did he change the team's attitude ? absolutely.

8. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

If you didnt know tinman was not too bright maybe you're not too...

9. PatBeverleyFan

Let's make Tinman happy and blame T-Mac!

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Its funny how you keep trashes the man ever chance you get. Noe again are you going to do the same for Harden who clearly quit on this team. Who is out there playing disinterested, no heart and no leadership. We are not talking about Kobe period. So why bring him up.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden didn't quit. He shot horribly.

You hear that? Tracy McGrady throwing sinkers with a minor league baseball team.

Strike 3, you're out! He's been out. Out in Orlando, Out in Houston, Out in China, Out on every team.

Harden just swung and missed, he's not a master of curve balls.

12. conquistador#11

his shadow is probably the only thing he can stay close to.

13. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Lin had 5 assists in 24 minutes and did an excellent job on defense. The game plan was to get the ball to Dwight, which he did effectively. You can get on him for missing his 3 3ptr attempts, but as he only took 5 shots overall, it was pretty clear that the game plan was for him to focus on getting the ball to Dwight.

14. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Did Lin put a .44 revolver at Morey's temple so Morey wrote a $25 millions contract?