1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden NBPA toughest to guard award

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Imagine how hard to guard he'll be next year when he's on the court with LeBron and CP3.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not to derail, but do you honestly think that will happen?

Invisible Fan and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

To people who think hes going to Philly, heres why he wont.

1. Health - just bc Embiid was finally healthy doesn’t mean he will stay that way, hes already missed an obscene number of games due to surgery on knees and random freak accidents.

2. Simmons can’t shoot. Yes Ben Simmons is wildly talented but LeBron’s only got so many elite years before father time catches up with him. Will he really want to take a chance on a young team that might take a few years to grow?

3. Boston..... Barring something catastrophic Boston will be scary and is primed for dynastic success. Can LeBron beat a healthy Boston team with a young Philly team? Again Ben Simmons lack of shooting cost Philly big time and that was against a Boston Team decimated with injuries... imagine when their shiny free agent signings from
    Last year are fully healthy???

4. Boston.... did I mention that they are Scary AF???

luckyman76 likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Scott Foster disagrees

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Honestly?

I think we're one of maybe 4 teams who even have a shot.

I think the cap situation makes it very difficult, but I also believe that if LeBron sends word that he wants to come here, Morey will make it work somehow. I also believe he's one of the few GMs in the league who can manufacture little salary-cap miracles seemingly out of nowhere.

So basically, I think it's possible.

Elephant810 likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

considering silver's considerable success containing harden i wonder if the nbpa will end up voting him dpoy

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

well deserved. he's an offensive juggernaut.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Putting money on the situation, LBJ is not returning to Cleveland 100%, Philly cannot win and he would prefer to go to LA if those were the options. I 100% feel his main choice is here. The hurdle is can we make the deal work. I think he will cooperate by setting Cleveland up with the threat of LA for nothing or us. Can we make the deal and get rid of Ryno? To me that is the biggest hurdle in all of this and I am sure that Morey has something worked out. He will need to strike fast. Out of a need to move on and get something for him I think out of self preservation and appreciation the Cavs will help him out versus stir up further bad blood. They want to sell the team and need to rebuild the team. I think we will have to give them 2019, 2021, and 2023. Part of me thinks they will absorb Ryno so that another team does not get our assets. They will trade KLove for assets and probably be stuck with Thompson so Ryno slides into KLove's spot. Hill expiring may fetch something in trade. They will get under the tax but it doesn't benefit them to go lower. I seem them focusing on the 8th pick, Nance, Clarkson, and Hood while gathering draft picks in preparation for the sale. They tank next year and the year after to let the contracts expire and build with a couple of lottery picks and then ready for FA. Boston and Philly have shown them the way.

topfive likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Scott Foster guarded him pretty well tho

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Again, if i was at game 7 I would have done all I could do to incite the threat or violence against that POS.

D-rock likes this.
  15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Nothing to see here

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Wat the. :eek:

17. riko

riko Member

Nice

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Only the Referees can stop him

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

In Beard's acceptance speech: "I accept this award on behalf of Scott Foster. He is the epitome of home court cooking on the road. Without his decisive and numerous input, I would be in the real Finals right now."