1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden makes an appearance on the MVP ladder.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Once we reach the second round of the playoffs :)

2. jocar

jocar Member

booyah! well deserved

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He's #6 on ESPN now, as of today. I understand Durant, Melo, Lebron & CP3 are ahead of us but Kobe is #4?? He's putting up big numbers on a sorry ass team, losing and being below .500. MVP is about the best player leading his squad to a good record and win ballgames by making plays. All of those are doing it, except for Kobe. If Rockets will become 4-5th seed, Harden should be top 3. If we stay in 5-7, Harden is top 5.

4. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

In the words of Abed from Community:

'we've gone mainstream...'

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I called it on the MVP poll thread. Everyone here was on lebron's nuts though.

Thinking differently from the media pays off. I felt I was gonna get flamed for saying Harden.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's a difference between making it on the MVP ladder and being the true MVP, which is LBJ.

It's not about being on Lebron's nuts, it's about staying true to reality.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You're confusing MVP with the best player in the world. MVP to me means, the player that is doing everything for his team to win. If the MVP misses a game, the team loses. Example, lebron with Cavs absolutely.

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

This guy is playing on the level of the best in the league. As a Rocket fan I'm happily anxious to see how good he is a year from now...

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Harden will get recognition when the Rockets do something shocking. Until then, Lebron & Durant will own all the MVPs for a while.

10. Classic

Classic Member

Tell me again what sponsorships Harden has? Until then, no chance.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Foot Locker homie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X1AJcRw2N2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Skullcandy.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron is doing everything he can for his team to win, you think he's sitting on the sidelines drinking lemonade while Wade and Bosh destroy the opponent? lol

Your bolded statement is not just true, you can't penalize or reward a player for having a horrible team around him. For example, MJ's Bulls reached the NBA finals and were generally very successful the two times he retired, does that mean he shouldn't have won his MVP awards?

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's legitimately funny.

15. ipa

ipa Member

James Harden still climbing the MVP ladder.

16. ipa

ipa Member

I'm sorry about bad formatting... :D I am trying too much... I'm in over my head...
    Also... Guess everybody expects Harden to be selected All-Star Reserve...

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why would he be? He's never put up big numbers and never had a good record.

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

And people were criticizing the Rockets and complimenting on OKC for getting a steal out of the trade and that the Rockets gave up too much for an above average player.

From my point of view, whichever team that got the best player out of the deal regardless of how many assets they traded away or how many draft picks, they are the winner of the trade. I believe that OKC never thought Harden was this good and that they thought he was just an above average player who would probably average around 16-18 points per game.

I know on Youtube, there are plenty of comments on Harden saying how stupid he is for leaving a contender just for money. They don't understand that James Harden probably doesn't want to continue playing under the shadows of Westbrook and Durant. So what's wrong with getting extra financial security and a place where you can grow as a player? People were saying Harden will get exposed without Durant and Westbrook because when Harden was in OKC, most of his points were wide open because of those two.

I know some people would even believe that any player would do just as good as Harden if they were in the same position. But they don't know that James Harden was one of the big reasons why OKC got to the Finals in the first place. I think James coming to Houston was to get the money he felt like he deserves and to prove everyone that he doesn't need Durant and Westbrook to be successful. That he can do it himself and prove to everyone that he is a star player himself and a big time player.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I disagree Mamba. I am pretty sure OKC believed he could score 25+ points on average. But I don't think they thought he could do it this efficient, this fast and this effortless.

And I don't think Harden desperately wanted to leave - he just wanted to get his market value. I genuinely believe he thought OKC was gonna keep him. It must be hard to go from a contender to a mediocre team. But now he is doing his best to make this team a contender - and who knows, maybe Harden gets a ring before Durant does.

This being said, in my eyes he already is a top 5-10 player in this league / and he is still only 23 years old and we have him for the next 5 1/2 years. Before the trade he was considered maybe a top 30 or top 20 player - so right now I don't think anyone would say we got the worst end of the deal...

20. Nero

Nero Member

And maybe in a couple years we trade some asset to OKC and get Lamb back too ;)