1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

considering it has Durant as 2nd place, the tracker isn't anywhere near close to what the% of either player winning. Harden should win but MVP is about storylines and WB is the media darling right now.

#1561 khanhdum, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    J Sizzle likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That strawpoll is more indicative than anything ESPN has been saying.

They have an apparent narrative they are trying to shove in everyone's face right now.

3. threepointshot3

Gordon compared to start of the season and especially with the Lou trade has been a hit and miss and on somewhat regress mode. Capella is having a career year because Harden is spoon feeding him the ball off the pick and roll on a silver platter.

4. Wylo

Wylo Member

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Marc Stein getting told! I love it!

DonKnock and J Sizzle like this.
  6. jayfree

jayfree Member

I seriously can't believe how many debbie downer p*ssies there are on here. The only way Westbrook wins the MVP is if his team #1) wins their division and #2) get to 50 wins. Outside of that it would be Kawhi ahead of Westbrook.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You know how Clutchfans roll. Down and out to act all surprised when positivity hits

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I don't think Kawhi will play enough games down the stretch to close the gap with Harden.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think this MVP is important to this team because having a MVP on a team makes the Rockets a free agent destination hot bed. Besides LeBron, I think all the top free agents are going to want to play with Harden. Having a MVP helps that.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Did someone change their tune on harden?

You used to be one of those annoying doubters?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He just did the things I was hoping he would do last season. He came into camp in shape, he actually tries on defense most of the time instead of doing that 'let me play zone while the rest of the team plays man' defense, he's scoring efficiently and most importantly the team is winning.

Just think of it as a die hard fan who had legit complaints and most of those complaints were addressed. The team was **** last year and Harden was part of the issue. Even then after all my criticism I still thought he was robbed of a All-NBA team.

He worked his ass off over the summer(almost literally) and it's payed dividends. I couldn't be any more happy that I was wrong/overly pessimistic.

#1571 fchowd0311, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Fyreball, Vivi and J Sizzle like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cool he picked up the rebounding and the Cavs are still losing and the 2nd worst defense in the NBA in that span.

And yes Lebron has slowed down he's playing more minutes his scoring is down and for all the talk about how this is his best season or up there is just fluff talk. I watch Lebron all the time this is not one of his best years. His defense is bad you can think what you want but he routinely just stands there doing nothing much like the harden vines.

And the Main thing is, he just can't cover for everything like he used to. He used to mask so many problems his teammates had. It's to much to ask of him now the guy has logged more minutes over his career than just about every top 10 player.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I hate arguing with people like you who don't let facts get in the way of their narrative. His scoring is down? He's currently averaging more points with a higher TS% than the previous two seasons. He can't cover for everything? I just described how he picked up the rebounding slack when Kevin Love missed all those games. Plus, he's actually averaging a career high in assists.

And who cares whether or not this is one of his best years? He's a top 5 GOAT player. If you're comparing his individual seasons to his best seasons, then you're setting the bar WAY too high. In any case, as others pointed out, he's been coasting through the regular season.

14. Wylo

Wylo Member

It sure didn't look like he was coasting when his team lost to the Wizards yesterday. LeBron was playing his hearts out, and was visibly frustrated when the game ended.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Since when does one game define a season?

16. Wylo

Wylo Member

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/1/24/14369554/lebron-james-cavaliers-need-playmaker

"We need a f---ing playmaker," James said. "I'm not saying you can just go find one, like you can go outside and see trees. I didn't say that.

"I'm not singling out anybody. I'm not. Yeah, we won [the championship], but f---, you know what, let's see if we can do something."

The Cavaliers have won just two of their last seven games, a stretch that features losses to New Orleans, Golden State, Utah, Portland, and San Antonio without both Pau Gasol and Tony Parker.

- from January 24th

Does this guy sound like who's just coasting through the regular season?

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No, but it also doesn't sound like a guy who isn't coasting. It sounds like a guy who is frustrated with losing and realizes he'll need a stronger supporting cast if he wants to win another championship.

Look at it this way. In the finals last year, Lebron carried the Cavs. He gave 100% on offense and 100% on defense. However, he's clearly not going all-out in the regular season. You can tell he's saving himself for the playoffs. That's coasting.

18. Wylo

Wylo Member

Is sure sounds like someone who realizes he's fu*ked if he doesn't get more help. That's not 'coasting' mentality, and proves he is taking this seriously. Also, not a single player in NBA goes all out during the regular season. Practically every player picks up their intensity come playoff time. So by that definition, everybody coasts during the regular season.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not really. You mainly see it in experienced veterans who have won multiple championships. Also, there's a huge gap between the Lebron we saw in the finals and the Lebron we're seeing now.

#1579 wekko368, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  20. Wylo

Wylo Member

No, every player plays harder in the playoffs. That's just common sense.