1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, he's been a complete shitstain when it comes to the Rockets. The fact that he picked against us WHILE STILL ON OUR ROSTER tells you everything you need to know about that dickbag.

2. touring_low

touring_low Member

**** TMac, he would say anything to take sides with his employers..

chievous minniefield likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I personally don't care about the award, but the disrespect James is getting is sickening...its hard to keep faith in the NBA when this is the kind of crap they are pulling.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yep, it's one thing to make a clear case for another player: e.g. "Kawhi and Lebron are leading their team well and getting results and deserve MVP". It's another thing to misinform and misdirect (see: inventing "narratives").

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LMAO at TMAC

Tmac envious Harden has already surpassed him as a Rocket and in accomplishments. Adding the MVP would be the icing on the cake

TMac stay salty

6. Drogba

Drogba Member

Westbrook is winning MVP & there's nothing you guys can do about it. Harden was robbed of an MVP in 2015, snubbed from the All-NBA team last year & they'll complete the 3peat this year by giving 'Poor' Russ the MVP.

DonKnock, jnuge90 and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You guys seriously need to chill. If we bury OKC and Harden has a monstrous game it's over. I have faith there are many voters who are not as outspoken who know what's up. Westbrook is going to get a lot of second and third votes too.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Thunder are on pace for 47 wins. The Rockets are on pace for 56. It's amazing to me that a 9 win disparity is suddenly meaningless after an 11 win disparity is what gave Curry the MVP over Harden 2 years ago.

DonKnock, split41 and BigShasta like this.
  9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Who said it was? How many people vote on this thing? We know of literally less than 10 people who have an actual vote who are voting for westbrook. I get that harden got shafted last time but people need to chill. If he dominates the OKC game and we finish really strong, he's going to win. He may not win by much but he will get it.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

My fingers are crossed this plays out like the election.

Everyone huffing and puffing and making noise are making it seem like there's bigger numbers for Westbrook

When in actual fact those voting for Harden are just silent and going about their business not trying to seek attention.

htownrox1 likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What other reason was there for Curry to win MVP over Harden in 2015? The stats? Harden was better in that category. He averaged 27.4 points, 7.0 assists, and 5.7 rebounds. Curry averaged 23.8 points, 7.7 assists, and 4.3 rebounds. There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Curry was blessed with a much better roster than Harden that season. And that's before you get to all the injuries the Rockets had to deal with on top of that. The Rockets won 56 games, had the 3rd best record in the league, and won arguably the toughest division in NBA history.

Curry won MVP in 2015 because his team won 67 games. There's no other explanation.

DonKnock and htownrox1 like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry/Harden MVP was a tossup in 2015. I have no problem with people voting for Curry. This year it isn't even close. Harden is MVP.

BigM likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Tmacs lame

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Around 130 people usually vote for the award. Last year 17 votes went to people affiliated with ESPN which is usually the source of this place's media conspiracies. However, people like Beadle and Max Kellerman weren't the ones who were getting to vote. The people from ESPN who were voting were guys like Brian Windhorst, Marc Stein, Hubie Brown, Michael Wilbon, Mike Tirico, and Jon Barry. Most of them should have Harden in their top 2.

#1434 Reeko, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    DonKnock and Cashmoney like this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If only it were that simple, my friend. Triple doubles simply are too trendy this year.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

This is what I've been saying. The Harden supporters are just chilling in silence and will come out in droves when it's time to vote. That poll from the Washington Post had Harden getting the most 1st place votes by a pretty big margin. He even had more 2nd place votes than Westbrook did 1st place votes. I know that many of the people in that poll weren't actual voters, but they weren't just some random fans off of Twitter and Facebook either. That poll from executives around the league had Harden winning it by a decent amount as well. I'm hoping that the Westbrook supporters are just a vocal minority. Westbrook will eventually get his chance to win MVP when his team is actually better than 6th or 7th in the West. What more does Harden have to do?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was so disappointed. Like c'mon, can u rep the Rockets just once? You've got that Spurs homer Michelle Beadle right next to u stanning for Kawhi, Jalen Rose going with Westbrook, and u can't even show Harden some love?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

F*CK T-Mac. What a jealous ex.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much this

20. split41

split41 Member

100%, it's already started and it's sickening...

and F Tmac, he occasionally says "my" rockets and then gives WB the nod, what a knob-jockey how about showing some loyalty.

chievous minniefield likes this.