1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, not sure what to make about that slight difference on ts% tbh, what about ws etc so? And i mean, going too deep into numbers i'm not sure is a good way to show that Lou is that good, but maybe i'm wrong here.

And sorry but no, i watched the Spurs many times and also read about them and Manu IS playing a good season, he's playmaking well and also making some good plays on defense. IF you're assuming he's having a bad season just because his fg% is down by one shot per game you're probably wrong.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The TS% disparity is b/c Lou is shooting 86% from the ft line while Ginobili is shooting 80%.

Lou's ws this year is 5.8. Ginobili's is 2.7.

It's more than just fg%. Just about every stat indicates that he hasn't been as good as Lou this year, and as of right now, he has a career low in PER (14.2) and TS% (53.4%).

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

But you're still mixing up Lou stats with his Lakers stint, that should not count that much, if at all, just saying...

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Then why did you ask about ws? It's a cumulative stat. If you only wanted Lou's ws as a Rocket, you'd be comparing Lou's 13 games as a Rocket to Ginobili's 60 games as a Spur.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I said ws etc, it was just to say that you can probably find other numbers where Manu is better (i suppose at least), but i'm not sure they tell all the story (as always btw), especially in a situation like this one. But you know Manu is making the key passes, the key cuts, he takes the key charges and make the key steals, i think we should consider these things even if they don't show up in the boxscore.

#1385 Vivi, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't think he's doing any of those key things that don't show up in the stat sheet as much as your making it out to be.

That's Manu from 3-4 years ago still did those things. Not this Manu or the one that played last season (were he was worse imo)

Manu is good for the Spurs and Spurs only. I don't think he would be a key rotation player on any of the top 5 teams in the NBA this season and it has nothing to do with his bad shooting.

He's just a old plain and simple. Manu was a guy who used his effective athleticism and craftiness to get were he needed to be. He no longer had any athleticism and it's making rather ineffective. He's okay as a ball handler for the Spurs System but than again the Spurs system is like 5-1 when there best player doesn't even play. So how much of Manu even being below avg this year is the system he plays in or just him still having more in the tank than I think? My guess is the system is helping him out a lot.

If Manu was asked to slide into Lou Williams role as playmaker and scorer off the bench for houston in MDA system could he be as effective as Lou? i don't think he even has a chance personally.

Manu is really not a good player anymore. He's a future hof vet who is on his last leg playing for a team and system he has been in and on his whole career. Manu imo couldn't just slide into another system and team and be effective, he's not the type of player anymore.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A Manu vs LouWill thread broke out. Harden still #MVP

BigM, BigMaloe, Fyreball and 3 others like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess we have to agree to disagree here, the Manu of 3/4 years ago might be better than today's Manu, that's totally fine, being old plain and simple means nothing (Mutombo at 38 was a better player than half of the centers in the league)...a great player like him is always going to make big plays unless he's totally washed up, and this is not his case. If you're implying this you've not watched him/the Spurs enough this season imo. The craftiness you mention is just one reason why he's still able to make big plays in his "limited" time on the floor. Some players are unique for one or more reasons, and you're the first who should reconize this since Ginobili is pretty similar to Harden in many aspects.

And i actually think Manu would do a better job here than Lou coming of the bench and playing with Pat and EG because of his playmaking ability, iq and court vision.

#1388 Vivi, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Doris burkes vote going to Westbrook, really don't see harden winning it. Seems like everyone is going Westbrook

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think he's still the frontrunner, but if they're going to screw him i still have faith in the players to fix this (again).

I guess the players know better than anybody who and how much is statpadding...and i think they don't respect that too much, but we'll see...

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. Mr. Motiejunas

Doris Burke is a lesbo.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Boris Durke

13. Mr. Motiejunas

[​IMG]

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

No player has ever won the MVP with a team that was 10th best in the league. Even Moses Malone in 80/81 with 40 wins was 5th in the entire league that year.

In the past 24 years, there hasn't been any player that won the MVP without winning their division or at least tying the division leader in wins.

Westbrook won't win it. Harden has a very good shot. Kawhi could take it due to division win and 2nd best team in league with 60+ wins. LeBron won't win it due to Jordan rules.

DonKnock, BigM and BigShasta like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

nobody cares about the Player's MVP tho...I want him to win the actual thing :(

DonKnock and Rodman23 like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The media wants Westbrook to win.

The media votes who wins the MVP.

Connect the dots.

arabrocket and DonKnock like this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

Some of these people act like the young Kobe Kids who thought Kobe was the all-time greatest just because they never saw Jordan or anyone else before him play.

Just because you haven't SEEN a player average a triple double for a season doesn't make that an impossible feat and MVP worthy. I actually think the MVP talk surrounding him diminishes his triple-double accomplishment. Now most people will remember him NOT winning the MVP this year instead of celebrating his great individual season.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, even thought i'd rather get awarded by the players since they actually know whats really happening on the court (at least some analysts really don't), i get what you're saying and you're probably right...