1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

Russell Westbrook will win MVP!! I feel so bad for Harden..he deserves it not Westbrick! To many dumb voters don't watch the games to know the impact Harden has on the Rockets!! They see Westbrook has all these triple doubles...but they don't watch the games to see that he's stat padding to get those triple doubles. Absolute travesty! The only positive is that this will motivate Harden to be even greater!

#2001 Rocket_Man_2.0, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Voters will put stat padding over winning and making teammates better!! Sad!

Mr. Dominant and J Sizzle like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't wait for Harden and the Rockets to sweep the Thunder in the playoffs. Rest our guys and get healthy.

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Many voters will use the Harden doesn't play defense excuse for not voting for him....which is bs! The real reason is they don't like the Rockets! Just too many dumb voters!!

5. split41

split41 Member

It's sad but true, recency bias is a legit form of cognitive bias. With Harden's wrist the way it is, I'd rather he rest up for the playoff than break himself chasing MVP.

Everyone (Media and casual fans) were rooting for Westbrook to explode this year after KD left, and he has. Nobody expected Harden to do what he's doing, and that has taken everybody by surprise and they have to recognise greatness, but at the same time they want to vote for Westbrook and he's giving them enough justification to do it.

Even though Harden broke the record for Most 50 and 40 point triple doubles in a season this year, just like their preseason rankings, they've already forgotten.

Sad, really.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Some of you are going to stroke out before June. Jesus.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah its kind of crazy. Idk why we are this obsessed with a dude on another team.

This game doesnt change that much. The narrative for each player has already been written. We will see who wins the MVP after the playoffs are over

8. split41

split41 Member

The funny thing about the Harden doesn't play defence narrative is that Westbrook is bottom 3 in the league iirc for contested 3s. Deandre Jordan has contested more 3s than Westbrook, which is hilariously tragic. A PG has contested less 3s than Deandre Jordan?!

The other funny thing is that everyone is now using the excuse that Westbrook has to carry such a big load on offence that's why his defence is sub-par...without applying the same logic to Harden. Harden's "defensive" highlight video, his ability to draw fouls and his time with dwight (nobody liked Dwight after his whole orlando and lakers fiasco) has really alienated the media and casual fans from Harden.

At least us rox fans can appreciate having one of the greatest to ever lace em up play for us on a nightly basis. Make no mistake, Harden will go down as a first ballot HOFer.

#2008 split41, Mar 30, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea, the narrative has aligned for WB. It's quite ironic that the reason his team sucks more than they should is because he chucks like crazy, but the manic dummy gets praise for it.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It'd be nice for Harden to get the MVP, but it's not really that big of a deal.

When I think of the mid-1990s, I really don't think much of Hakeem's 1994 MVP- although it was cool, don't get me wrong.

But it really is about championships. That and the Hall of Fame, I suppose.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. split41

split41 Member

I agree that it's all about championships, but I also think the MVP is good for the history of the club.

Our 2 greatest players, imo, are the only 2 rox players to have won MVP: Dream and Moses. It seems like everyone gets in the Hall of Fame these days. My rankings for club accomplishments regarding players is: Championship-MVP-HOF-Make the Finals-Top Seed-Division Champs-All NBA-All Star-ROY-MIP

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Greg Anthony (has a vote) and Kevin McHale both think Westbrook is MVP with Anthony not even putting Harden in 2nd.
    Anthony says that he thought Rockets would be a top tier team coming into the season (BULLSHIT) and McHale giving to WB solely because of the triple-dbl.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Do some of y'all even sleep these days? The MVP debate must be consuming your lives.

In my heart and that's all that matters.

Harden is MVP
    Westbrook is MVSP

Whatever else happens, happens.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James was ripped off two years ago, and the make up call is more than a tendency in the NBA.

Most important of all though, not only does the Beard have more wins in an era of superfriends/superteams.....

It's understood, across the board....that JAMES HAS MADE US ONE OF THOSE ELITE SUPERTEAMS...with nary another star to see.

He'll win the MVP. I just want him healthy so we can win it all.

#2014 Plowman, Mar 30, 2017
    Snow Villiers likes this.
  15. eslate22

eslate22 Member

[​IMG]

at this point i wouldn't mind seeing westbrook with this look on his face

heypartner and Richie_Rich like this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I see you Dwight! :p

alethios likes this.
  17. papoose115

papoose115 Member

the voting for MVP is after the 1st round of playoffs right? if so, i think harden is in great shape.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Its before the playoffs begin.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would they arbitrarily cut off voting after the first round?? It's a regular season trophy voted for at the end of the regular season.