1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is allergic to running

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Apr 23, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Disgusting. I'd heard Oklahoma City was full of cow pies, but damn.

heypartner likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this sub is turning LOF level defensive when anything bad about Harden is said it's disturbing.

Harden has his apparent flaws, he's had them for years, he takes too long off the clock walking up, he loses his man on defense, he doesn't move without the ball well, which in turn eats shot clocks like crazy. He is ****ing lazy at times on both ends. I don't want to hear that **** about he's allowed to take possessions off on defense because of his usage. He wants that usage, he wants the ball in his hands.

All of that has been exploited to some degree in the past, and now in the series, but I guess that's the way he is and we have to play with it, and since we are winning and the positive things he does clearly outweighs the flaws, I am willing to over look it. I don't like people automatically calling everyone a hater that brings these up. If you think Harden is even close to a flawless player you are blind. Harden isn't Hakeem, he hasn't won us anything, he has shat the bed a number of times in the playoffs. he doesn't deserve this level of LOF worship.

Dopamine and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No. . . . it is the incredible amount of NICK PICKing that goes on
    esp from people who want to immortalize players like T-Wack

Modern Rocket 'fans' seems to b**** and moan about every detail of their own players
    then will slob the knob of other teams players or lesser caliber
    Many would trade Harden for Westbrook for no other reason than Westbrook 'LOOKS' like he is trying harder
    Fake Hustle or Looking effective even when you really not . . . . amazes people here

HArden is not perfect but some around here just seem to run him down at every moment
    They would probably trade him for . . . just about anyone

It is kind of balance thing
    Since some are unreasonable down him . . ..to balance others have to be unreasonable up . . . .. for balance

Rocket River

4. PhiSlammaJamma

What makes me nervous is that he's been given a legit pass this series by D'Antoni, for good reason, but those bad habits cannot translate over to the Spurs Series as Pop will destroy him. So we need to get him back into a D groove in practice.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That really won't change, because he stays in so many minutes. I've seen him with his hands on his hips because he is so winded, but doesn't want to come out. He is a little beefy to do a lot of high paced running, and when he gets tired he really slows down the pace. The plus to keeping him in so long is that he is scoring more pts than anyone else, passes better than anyone else, rebounds well, and is drawing more fouls than anyone else.

The downside is that yes, he slows the game down offensively and doesn't hustle much on defense. I'm sure part of that is that he doesn't want to foul out, and the other reason is that he wants to conserve energy for staying in longer. I honestly enjoy watching the fast paced style the bench brings so much more when he is on the bench. I've noticed in the playoffs that Ariza, Beverley, and Anderson are relying on Harden too much. They are hesitating a lot more, or simply throwing the ball back right back to James, who isn't shooting very well from behind the arc, and is taking far too many of those shots. When James is on the bench Lou and Eric have more of an opportunity to take the 3's, and they are both shooting better than anyone else on the team from behind the arc. So, my ideal scenario is to see James get less minutes, so he stays fresh, and to see Lou get more minutes. Lou is shooting better than anyone on the team from behind the arc, and is the second highest scorer on our team in this playoff series.

Zboy likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden will have more energy when he has another legit star next to him that can help carry the load and ease the offensive burden that he has. We need another guy that can consistently get his own 20+ points each game. PG is the star that we need, but him coming here is such a long shot right now.

deb4rockets and Zboy like this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Settle down tiger...lets take it slow.

I dont even know you.

You dont even know me...

Two of the recent ones...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/missing-the-bus.282167/#post-11045096

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...s-round-1-game-2.282048/page-21#post-11037023

You decided to start a thread on something has been covered ad nauseam in other Harden threads and several game threads.

Newsflash: Harden has flaws. Oops. Scratch that. Not really a newsflash.

I dont know about you, but personally I will take 3rd seed in the league and a 3-1 lead in the first round so far behind ONE superstar.

Let's revisit this talk when we get a Klay Thomson, Kevin Durant, Kyrie, or even Kevin Love to play alongside Harden so that he doesn't have have to worry about extended workload. The man cant run full speed every possession and carry the offensive load for 45 minutes. Also, already mentioned.

Some of the flaws will go away because then, with another star to share the load, he can spend his energy on them. Others will never go away because thats built in his personality.

Until then, please do keep the cheat code you claim to have discovered to make Harden, as you say, "worthless and detrimental" to yourself until the playoffs end. Clearly your genius is being wasted on fan forums.

#67 Zboy, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

9. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

harden has asthma that flares up from game to game

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah he is literally the worst player in all of basketball. I think we should trade him for DMo or even to get Brewer back. Shame in your Lames Harden. Worst contract, worst player in the league.

He clearly doesn't put in any effort, that obese SOB. Dude could draw disability on how fat he is. Does he even run at all or should we get him a hover round to get up and down the court. Bench harden let Bobby Brown run offense in my opinion.

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

I just sneezed reading this post

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

Nene's the real superstar anyhow. We need to get him help!

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Scoring is not an issue with rockets. He didn't play that well last game and we scored plenty.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You seem personally offended.

No, just stop beating a strawman. I know it's the low hanging fruit for idiots like you.

Swapshop likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden still has the 2nd highest usage rate in these playoffs and still has to create everything offensively.

16. likestohypeguy

Might be part of what makes him more likable to some fans. To me, it is his personality, mostly (except for some of the gesturing I don't understand), that makes up for that go-to offensive move again. Don't care for that.

But I'll take Mr. Cool Ice vs. a selfish try-hard like R.W. every time. You'll block it every time.