1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden got into an argument with a reporter after his media session

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Blinebury should go ahead and print a hate filled editorial piece. Maybe this can become the equivalent of the Richard Justice tombstone pic/article for the '05 Astros or the Choke City headline. God knows this team needs something.

2. yummyhawtsauce

oh harden...we should've known, you couldn't cut it as the third wheel with kevin freaking durant and westbrook on your team, how could we believe you could lead your own team, jokes on us

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He made a effort to tonight, it was his putrid offense that was the problem.

Any ways I've been saying ALL year that our team defense sucks. Yall forgot that guys like Tony Wroten and James Anderson go off on us while Harden was sitting out.

It's too bad it won't change over night. Defensive identity has to be drilled into the players every practice. It's not something you just turn on and off.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He was actually right about the team being unable to make stops being our biggest problem, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been a steaming pile of s*** so far.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't understand what's so bad about what Harden said. He said "our team" he didn't say the team he was including himself in that as well. And frankly he's right the D is the biggest issue. Shots will eventually drop. Just like players eventually cool off.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Harden is immature. I've always felt that way. Hoped it wouldn't matter, but he needs to grow up and take responsibility and be accountable. He also needs to dedicate himself to getting in the best shape of his life in the offseason so that he can be a 2 way player, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

7. adobo

adobo Member

It's funny, but his also right (although his one of the reasons for problems). We do have some major defensive issues especially on our PF and small forward positions right now.

I can't be too angry at Harden. He has really been bad in these 2 games, but seriously, why the coaching staff play him practically the whole game??

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

"Dude" is most certainly not right.... He didn't simply suggest team defense was bad... He diminished the importance of the impact his poor offense had on the game... and blamed team defense in turn...

If he had said, "yeah, our team defense is bad, but I can't excuse my poor performance" or anything along those lines... then "dude" would've been right...

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

I'm headed to the strip club. When I see James there, I will ask him about whats next for this team.

The season is clearly over

10. highlander3128

It was 4 vs 5 defense all day long courtesy of Harden's fat ass.

11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

You can become delusional when you have a COACH that doesn't hold you accountable.

12. Asian Sensation

WTF does Harden know about "getting stops" ???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IEh0kzCstVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In other news, a fight broke out in section 419 between 4 girls. One broke loose fro her bf and jumped down four rows to pounce on another. I thought I was at a Oklahoma spooners game. Very distracting

14. bonny1

bonny1 Member

If you have an off night you can contribute in other aspects, defense, rebound, facilitate, drive and kick. But Haren just gave up. His body language in the 4th q pissed me off. What kind of leader are you!

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I am MUCH more concerned with our defense than Harden's poor shooting. 105 points is more than enough to win a playoff game. If we actually give a **** about defense, we can survive bad games from Harden and others. Defense will always be there to fall back on.

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

And people want to make fun of T-Mac for saying "its on me". GTFO Tinman.

1 person likes this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wow. Both sides Rockets fans?

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah James Harden sucks. Get rid of him. Really cool for the reporter to ask over and over again till James got pissed off. :rolleyes: No excuse. Trade that worthless Harden who is an immature choker who we should get rid of asap.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Before we jump on the Harden is trash bandwagon, does anyone want to make an argument for dumping a 24 year old MVP candidate? If you guys are in Blinebury's corner instead of Harden's you're out of your mind.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Everyone else on the team said the same thing. Get on them too.

You can't be mad at what he did or didn't say, he's not your puppet.

He is right, shots will fall but defense is consistent. This is basic basketball logic, that's likely what he meant by not being worried about his offense. When guys like LMA are playing like Michael Jordan then you have a problem.