1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden cover athlete of NBA Live 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Who dafuq is that youtuber??

Dude is incredibly corny... that whole set was cringeworthy... very Dwight-esque.

Felt bad for James.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

They could've done a much better job with the cover

3. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Last guy on their cover was Westbrook, he got MVP.

4. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

If the curse turn out to be real just put green or zaza on the next cover :D the rest of NBA will thank EA.

5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Just played the demo all the way through. The presentation is miles better than 2k but the gameplay compared to 2k is laughable. The animation are weird and overall mechanics are bad. 2K feels more natural while Live feels more arcadey.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Gameplay isn't completely sharp
    Player models and animations are terrible
    Commentary is awful
    Player ratings are trash. I believe Klay is a 90 and Curry is a 93.

Presentation and menu is great
    I love the implication of a single player Pro-Am. Is this in 2k?
    The "story" isn't corny at all, and it could be easily be improved in future editions to give more options
    After all, this is just the demo.

Overall: 6.5/10

For a 40$ price point I'm not sold. This doesn't stop me from checking out Live 19 or Live 20 though if EA continues to make improvements. I think they're heading in the right direction. I may purchase Live 18 if the price is ever less than 25 bucks. I'll do $24.99. I'll be back next year for Live 19 and see if there is any significant improvements

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Didn't know NBA Live still existed #NBA2K

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I looked up old 2K gameplay to see which old 2K game resembles NBA Live 18 the most (gameplay wise).

It's 2K8. 2K freaking 8. 2K9's gameplay blows live 18 out of the water.

Live is 10 years behind on gameplay(and probably 5 years behind on graphics). I don't think this puts any pressure on 2K, it's probably a big relief. Live probably goes dead after this release, they have been trying to get back in the saddle for 5 years now and have failed miserably, they can't keep waisting money on such a horrible product.

Look at the bodies in Live 18 during the free throws, they're all the same, they all look like action figures with their arms sticking out all funny at the elbows. Just an incredibly sorry display from EA.

#68 ThatBoyNick, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why would EA even bother working with old mechanics like this? 2k has them beat with gameplay and are still improving with all these new classic teams, story mode GM, full expansion and relocation options, changing the court, creating your own franchise, making uniforms etc. It's crazy because there's 0 competition with NBA Live. The WNBA and Drew League are nice additions, but when the gameplay sucks, it doesn't matter. The only thing Live has is commentary. 2k17 improved with some guys like Steve Smith, Webber and them added last year, but nothing beats Breen & JVG. We still don't know a bout 2k18 though.
    By the way, did you hear now SAS and Kellerman are added to NBA Live, how annoying that must be though funny too.

10. Omar Villanueva

I'm still buying 2k. I already have a 2k cover with Harden on it and I'll just wait till live 18 is on sale for $5 at game stop to own it.

11. rockets13champs

This is even more cringeworthy to me bro