1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden can't do it myself needs everyone's help

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 15, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not start the play with 7 seconds left on the clock.

ryano2009 likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL stop acting like Harden dribbles the ball for 17 seconds

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Other players will help if they get to touch the ball.

There was a time when we would push the ball and the coach would complain if the ball "got sticky".

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This THIS A MILLION TIMES THIS......he needs to not TRY to do it all himself.

The ball needs to move around more let others get a feel for it, pass, cut, and in moments let Harden take over......we have gone too much away from what worked at the start of the season.

Also, he is clearly not talking about defense.

DD

Jake Tower, Mazulis, cheke64 and 2 others like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

But he does?

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The fast break points should be top priority, Capela needs to run the fast break , Harden to needs more than 7 assists. Paul needs to create and score, pass.

7. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Please stop blowing a simple statement out of proportions. I believe what he meant was that everyone needed to be on the same page. When he said he couldn't do it by himself, he basically is saying that no one can do it by himself against this team. He didn't mean to jab at his own teammates not showing up to the big stage. WITH or WITHOUT his stellar performance, he needs everyone including himself to play at the highest level as we can
    to beat the Warriors. They are just that much better in talents. Everyone makes mistakes throughout the game, and it is definitely acceptable. We can still win the game even if the beard shot 4/16 and the rest of the team shoot below 45%. If they can increase the margin of error by staying commit in team defense and less bickering with the refs. Like it or not, CP3 can be a pest and annoying from time to time, but i haven't seen him complain to the refs during live ball then fail his defensive assignment. I haven't seen so many bricks lay ups since attending kindergarten. More passing is not going to be the solution because that was never an issue since it led us to the best record in the NBA. There are few options that the Rockets can look at to increase their chance of winning against the warriors.

1.) Let Clint establish early and click with the beard early and often! That would keep the defense collapse the middle and thus, open a little more breathing room for the spot up shooter around the perimeter. I can careless if Harden have a wide open layup after a cross over. He should mix it up and dish those oops to Clint as often as possible. Clint often is the biggest player in the mix during those plays and he can draw fouls with high% finishing rate. 12 pts from Clint with 6/7 shooting only tells me he didn't get enough touches. Use the big man to draw fouls for god sake!

2.) They have to rotate and throw different bodies on KD early and often. Switch between Ariza/Luc/PJ at him often! Keep his game off balance. You can't have Ariza guarding him most of the game and expect Ariza doesn't rack up multiple early fouls. Let Draymond go at our smaller man (ariza/luc) and tell them to be smart. You don't always need PJ to stick to Draymond, because he is not that much of a offensive threat. I would actually prefer to give PJ a solid 35% to 40% of the time to D up KD because PJ is physical. I don't think KD likes physical D and i think PJ would be alright against him. if they dump the ball to the middle for draymond then try to draw a charge or pull a chair on him.

3.) Rockets can be as predictable in their offensive set as they want, as long as the warriors can't stop it! It still baffles me the fact that Clint only got 7 touches on the offensive ends (and he was 6/7!!!!!!!!). They need to run more pick and roll between the PG and SF/C/PF and trust their big will make the right decision to make the right plays. These two elite Guards need to trust their teammate to make the right decision after their roll too. Stop expecting them to shoot and makes it just because you feed them a dime and they are wide open. How many times have we seen our role players make big plays after big plays throughout the game during the regular season? That is because they felt that they were involve within the flow! Ariza did it, Luc did it, EG did it, PJ did it, Green did it too!. Start believing in your teammates to make the play! Be it rolling to the hoop/shooting an open shot or dish it back out to someone outside of the perimeter! Let go of the leash and let them flow within the offense. How you do that you might ask? One of the option would start with James Harden attack early in the shot clock. You can always initiate the crossover without dribbling the first 6 seconds away. Make it simple 1/2/3/4 then attack right away. Kick it early so the shooter has the time to either pass/drive/drive kick/shoot and make plays for himself or others.

4.) I agree with DTony with his statement that we need to play faster. As we know Curry/KD/Klay (somewhat) are elite shooters and shooters need fresh legs to be at their best. Increase the pace of the game & increase the possession will increase our chance of winning because their legs will give out later during the game. (Given the "leg" theory is right) Harden is more of a slasher than a shooter anyway. CP3 is more of a dancer in the paint. It won't affect their game as much as to Curry/KD/Klay late in the game. We might be down by 10 pts early during half time with a score like 60-70, but it will be our time to shine in 3rd and 4th. This strategy will take a huge toll on our 3&D guys as they will be tire out early too, That's where EG come in as a kicker to help those guys out and have him rotate even to KD if it needs to be. Tire them out early by increase pace and possession and it will increase our chance of winning.

5.) Stop bickering with the refs Harden. Nuff said.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He said that "We're all in this together..." then that quote. It's being played up as a blame game kind of thing when it's not.

Patience, OremLK and Tfor3 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Won’t be Ty Booze Lawson.

Jontro likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Media and fans always trying to stir sh** up.

Patience likes this.
  11. StevieCrossover

harden gotta step it up. cant be taking shots from green.
    i remember the shot he took from ron artest... that was brutal.

12. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

These are grown men, lifelong competitors, they can deal with it, and so can you. Sack the **** up

13. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

That wasn’t his decision to hold the ball. Often he would wait for other players to do something and then see that nothing was happening, or they would pass the ball back to him. Some of the other guys must’ve expected james to score 60 or some ****

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

for starters we can beat up KD if anyone knows where hes staying?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

StevieCrossover and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. Nivos

Nivos Member

Just hate that everyone is throwing blame at each other after one loss.
    not a sign of a healthy team.
    James can't hold the ball for 20 seconds every pissesion and then blame others that they're not performing at their top level.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man
    I have to admit it
    And
    It hurts but.. ........

Some of our fans are just simple
    Falling for everything the media posts

Rocket River

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he is saying that his teammates failed, I think he is saying that everyone needs to be at their best and it's not just about him. He's saying its a team game. I don't think this is really that controversial.

Harden isn't selfish, he's going to get Gordon the ball more

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

its the same thing for the whoe game (dribble dribble dribble) im constantly screaming you have 5 seconds James ( the ball needs to move more) Its just has too)

20. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

sometimes even 23 seconds

fchowd0311 and Jake Tower like this.