1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jamal Crawford wants to be like Mike

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BobFinn*, Oct 17, 2002.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Jamal Crawford - G - Chicago Bulls Oct 17

Coach Bill Cartwright asked Jamal Crawford to leave practice early Wednesday.
    Crawford, bothered about having to battle rookie Jay Williams for the starting point guard job, refused to follow Cartwright's instructions on how to run the triangle offense. Frustration boiled over when he refused to pass the ball into the post and instead took the shot himself. Cartwright reprimanded Crawford, who angrily took himself out of the scrimmage and told a teammate to sub in for him. A furious Cartwright ordered Crawford to leave practice. An unfortunate situation, but Jay Williams may have just won himself a job. Source: Chicago Sun-Times

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I guess there's alot to be said for maturity and stepping up to the challenge. This is probably the first time he hasn't been handed a job and doesn't like the competition. (I could be wrong since I didn't look into his past history)

3. Live

Live Member

Hammer meets nail, Bogey.

Slightly off-topic, but that's why the 'Foreign Invasion' is going to be so important when we look back on the history of American and NBA Basketball: Competition. It's not enough to have talent, potential, and a rep, you actually have to work hard, too.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Maybe he's pissed that overhyped scrub rookie Jay Williams is even getting consideration over him for the starting spot. From what I've seen so far this preseason, Crawford has run the team better and been more productive, it's just that Williams kisses up to the Chicago brass better. But hey, I could be wrong.

5. drapg

drapg Member

i thought Jay Williams wants to be like Mike since he's the first guy to use Jordan's locker since 1998.

6. Panda

Panda Member

I have a gut feeling that JWill will suck.

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Crawford is an idiot. You don't earn a starting job by acting like a jealous jerk. Maybe if he played better in the preseason and practice he would earn it.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Doesn't that more resemble a Pippen tirade as opposed to an MJ tirade?

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Where does this idea that Jay Will, will suck come from?

I'd be suprised if Jay Will was able to lead the offense better than Crawford, after 3-4 preseason games...

Jay Will should start. He is the PG of the future, not Crawford. Let Williams develop. I doubt the Bulls would want a baby like Crawford to be leading the team at PG.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hope the Bulls have been BSing about Jamal Crawford's future with the team. The team can get something of value in a trade that includes Crawford.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Why are the Bulls still running the triangle?

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I can't believe he thought they brought Jay Will in with the 2nd pick to be his backup. Maybe he's trying to get himself traded? If he was smart, he would try to slide over to the SG spot. That's not a bad team in 2 years with Williams, Crawford, Rose, Chandler, and Curry. Not to mention that Williams, Crawford, and Rose can all play PG. One thing's for sure, if he does get traded, there's no way they send him to Washington, unless they get a lopsided deal.