1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Rose vs. Skip Bayless (and Stephen A. Smith)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheresTheDagger, Apr 12, 2012.

1. TheresTheDagger

Many of you might think this is stupid and I wouldn't argue with you....but...

To me, it is FASCINATING (like seeing the aftermath of a train wreck) to watch this and i'm pretty sure EVERYONE will enjoy watching Skip Bayless get owned by Jalen Rose in the video that kicked this all off.

Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xS9QJ8SKtZw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm siding with Skip and Stephen A, even though I don't like them.

Jalen is pretty much representing the overly sensitive people of today.
    I can't believe he brought up Kwame Brown as an example. He sucks and journalists can say he sucks. I doubt Kwame Brown's family is in danger like they were on Palbo Escobar's hit list or something.

#2 tinman, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  3. Mr. Space City

jalen hit skip with that ether

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Watched it this morning, what I noticed

Jalen is a player apologist

Stephen A smith is still so damn obnoxious

Jalen Rose looks like he's about break into tears with A Smith and Skip verbally bullying him

Watched an hour, realized how r****ded this discussion was and felt r****ded I spend an hour watching this useless discussion that has nothing to do with NBA.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

SAS and Skip should be killed, they are both embarrassments to their profession and pathetic human beings

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can someone give me a summary of what is going on.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Everyone is butthurt about something. The show turns into 3 b****es crying about god knows what. Don't even worry about it, it's not worth even watching.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Man, Stephen A. Smith will not lose an argument to anyone not named Skip Bayless

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Too convoluted to summarize. That "debate" was full of butthurt and went all over the place. Here are some highlights

-Started with Skip being extremely butthurt about Jalen Rose calling him out about his Skip's ****ty high school basketball career, and tries to tell his own version of the story or whatever that nobody cares about.

-And then Stephen A smith came in and started screaming about something at both of them for the longest time.

-Jalen Rose says Kwame Brown somehow isn't a scrub and defends it for like 5 minutes with nonsensical crap.

-Jalen Rose Butthurt about Journalist criticizing players, basically being a big cry baby. At this point he was about to cry himself from Stephen screaming at him non-stop.

-Jalen Rose brings up Scalabrine (lol) in the "scrub" debate

-Stephen A brings up Jalen Rose Documentary about uncle tom Battier and Hill, again Jalen Rose Butthurt.

-They talked about fallout between Stephen A Smith and Iverson due to Smith reporting something about Iverson's private life

-Something about when are the lines crossed when analyst says shet about NBA players.

I stopped watching and felt my brain melting.

11. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

water pistol pete :grin:

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thanks for that!

Play the game and get rich, Jalen. SAS and Skip are clearly playing the game denoted by the smugness of Skips face. Jalen should have apologized for successfully Shutting Skip up and moved on. He tried to keep it real and it blew up in his face in the form of a Kwame grenade and Scalabrine Shrapnel.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Players are people too.:)

14. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Jalen rose just doesn't get it. He is going on about kwame not being a scrub because he is in the top 1 percent playing in the league , getting paid. HE doesn't get get they are saying relative to that league he is a scrub....

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

The debate was made bigger than it was because of Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless.

Jalen took a shot at Skip and both of those guys got sensitive. Skip takes personal shots at everyone but he can't take the heat. That lame story about him being scared to shoot was pathetic.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

How was Jalen overly sensitive? The topic got sensitive because Skip and ESPN made it simple. If they just left it at Jalen calling out Skip's high school career than the story would be dead but they turned it into a 20 minute debate.

Nothing wrong with journalist or analyst who aren't professional athletes criticizing players but it's lame when they come up with this little childish nicknames like they are in middle school. Skip talks a big game but he is the one that was butt hurt about what Jalen said

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Skip got owned!

1.4 pts per game! MVP! MVP! MVP!

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I just remembered, Al Bundy played high school football!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He once scored 4 touchdowns in a game!!!

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hes also a black belt in bjj from rorion gracie which is no joke.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

No Tebow????