1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Parker, the first pick of the 2014 NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am never impressed by a player dominating High School Players
    Sure they are a man among boys
    but
    that does not mean they ready for the NBA

Rocket River

2. Grape_Swisha281

He looks more like Jabari Parker to me.. :D

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wiggins&Randle are projected to go higher than him, he's not #1.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wiggins and Randle will be #1 and #2 imo.

5. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

That highlight clip reminded me of Rudy Gay. He's got pretty good footwork and form on his jumper, and seems to finish pretty well. I'll be looking for this kid in a couple years.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The "Felipe Lopez" element.

Have seen it all before. Super duper blue chip prep stars projected as the next great who turn merely good on the next levels.

NBA stopped drafting high school players for a reason. The Ndudi Ebi, Darius Miles, Sebastian Telfair types don't always translate. They offset the Kobe and Lebron types.

But I think Parker has potential to be good

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Might have something to do with the requirement of 1 year of college basketball.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Andrew Wiggins won't be in the same draft if we're talking about one-and-done situations. Wiggins is the High School Class of 2014 -- he's currently #1 of that class at Rivals and ESPN.

As far as the Class of 2013, Jabari Parker is #1 at both Rivals and ESPN. Julius Randle is #3 (Rivals) and #2 (ESPN). He does look good though, and being a 6-foot-9 power forward, that may be Morey's #1.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Vmt_24T4zE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

well he has the traveling down at :55

so hes taking the right steps to being the next letravel

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Parker looks like Paul Pierce...i'd rather wait and tank when Andrew Wiggins comes out.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Both kids definitely look like they have great talent. But its always hard to judge talent at the high school level. I mean just look back at Perry Jones III tapes from high school, the guy was other worldly. But ended up going late in the 1st round. So its hard to see exactly where they'll go.

With that said I would much rather be a player in the 2013 NBA Draft then in the 2014. All the high upside Center's in 2013(Noel, Zeller, Austin and Gobert), make it a much more appealing draft to me.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You're right with Wiggins being 2014, although I still expect Randle to get picked ahead of Parker.

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yes he did (although Feigan reports we would have taken MKG instead if he were available). I would have loved to have Drummond and taken a chance on his potential.

I wasn't implying that Drummond wasn't a good prospect. Rather that he was no longer the lock to go #1. Alot can change in a year.

14. 713

713 Member

Andrew Wiggins is the Real Deal. Kid would be one of the GOAT. Once in a decade prospect.

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Julius Randle

http://nbadraft.net/players/julius-randle

NBA Comparison: Chris Webber

Strengths: Strong body ... Has a high skill level for a high school sophomore ... Excels at facing up and putting the ball on the floor ... Very good finisher around the basket ... Can step out and hit shots all the way to college 3pt. range ... Can play with his back to the basket but prefers face up game ... A good kid with a great work ethic ...

Weaknesses: While very solid, especially considering his age, not a jaw dropping physical specimen type of athlete ... Doesn't play on the box as much as he should, too perimeter oriented. Should focus a little more on refining his post game which will really be his bread and butter as he gets older ... Settles for too many jumpers at times instead of imposing his will inside ... Too left hand dominant. Needs to work at using his right hand better ...

Notes: Considered by many to be the top player in the 2013 class ...Measured 6'9 (in shoes) 243 lbs, with a 6'10 wingspan at the 2011 LeBron James Skills Academy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jK8nbkYEKIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We all know how much stock NBAdraft.net comparison has

DESHAWN STEVENSON

NBA Comparison: Michael Jordan

Strengths: Special player. Extremly gifted athlete. Great ball handler. Very advanced shooter and scorer for his age. A showstopper. Can play the 1 or 2. Won the McDonald's High School dunk contest. Super character. As NBA ready as any HS player in his class.

Weaknesses: Tries to do too much at times. Learning how to be a consumate team player, something his idol Kobe still must learn himself. Gets criticized for being too fancy, still has alot of basketball to learn.
    http://nbadraft.net/players/deshawn-stevenson

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If Stevenson would've been coached by Phil Jackson he would've been greater than MJ, man...

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

carry at :37 mark

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Who gives a sh.., you one of these guys that always says "he travelled" when commenting in youtube videos?

20. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

randle looks like a more athletic and faster version of terrence jones. I think he's gonna be a small forward in the future though.