1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Parker for league minimum anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 3, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

This is how you SPEAK **** INTO EXISTENCE

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I hope not . His althelicism is gone and his defense is non-existent

justtxyank likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Guy has 500 followers and a combination of spoof names on his twitter account. Brandon Wojnarowski and Brandon Ingram are his "names." His profile says "Woj is a b****" and calls himself the NBA's "senior insider."

LOL

4. blackistan

blackistan Member

Might as well doesn't look like we're getting anyone else at this point

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds like he’s being uncomfortably honest, @J.R. He’s saying things players typically don’t say, not out loud where they can be heard, even if it’s true about them, and perhaps others. What if he’s that blunt in the locker room? The reaction would likely depend on the context. If he’s able to contribute to winning on a regular basis and doesn’t complain frequently about his minutes, he might fit in. MDA would probably like having his offense as a weapon off the bench. Would Parker be OK with limited minutes in a rotation role? It might take time for him to earn that much of a role. Maybe not.

There are a lot of the words, “Likely,” “Maybe,” “Possibly,” and ‘Probably” associated with the guy, and other words as well. The main word would be risk. Are we at a point where we need to take a risk on a player like Parker? Maybe we are. Possibly. Probably? It might be a likely scenario, if there’s interest on both sides. He has some qualities we need. We definitely have holes in our lineup and perhaps he could fill a couple of them.

Words. Where’s George Carlin when you need him?

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's funny you should say that because that's what we said about Melo and his game is very Melo like. That said, I doubt he'd throw fits about coming off the bench and hurt our team chemistry. He's certainly a talented offensive player. But a really pitiful defensive player. I think best case scenario is that he's a guy who could help us in the regular season but would never see the floor in the playoffs. If we picked him up at the vet minimum that's fine.

clutchdabear, topfive and Deckard like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is a thing called team chemistry. It's bound to get worse with him.

Deckard likes this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is he that kind of guy? I had never heard it. If he's also that type of guy then he's exactly like Melo and is a big hell naw.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’ll take anything at this point lol

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A guy who sulks and refuses to play defense when he is asked to do so, is not good for team chemistry.

malakas likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

LMFAO

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i know most of the peeps in here dont like him but im so down. ive always thought hed be good here personally. convince him to take the minimum as a "prove it" deal

13. jowman

jowman Member

Warriors gonna get him and suddenly he will be a scrub. We get him and he will be lauded as the savior

MC31B likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

I can answer this.
    If Parker doesnt get minutes and a role in offence he will sulk and start talking to the press.
    He doesnt create problems with teammates but with coaches.

joshuaao, Deckard and justtxyank like this.
  15. Garner

Garner Member

Jabari stinks.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He is still young enough that he could mature into a better professional with at least a commitment to a team defensive mindset. Easily worth a minimum.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

I think Jabari would be worth the gamble. Like a lot of these younger players, he's never played on a contender. I feel like if he was put into a winning situation he could possible get his mind right. He's definitely worth it at the minimum, and I would be ok with offering the rest of the MLE if it was a two year deal.

Rashmon likes this.
  18. PatBev

PatBev Member

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

As a minimum signing absolutely. MLE I would hope for more consistent contributors.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How the mighty have fallen...........was projected to being an Allstar!

malakas likes this.