1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.J. Watt says devotion to NFL has left him without a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Aug 24, 2013.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well if your friend said it, then it must be true. After all, nerdy tutors never have animosity for jocks.

Thanks...it's what I wanted to put but thought I would tone it down a bit in case someone wanted to come in an make a debate over it.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

J.J. Watt has Kobe-esque dedication to his craft. I think Watt is going to be one of the greatest defensive players to ever play this game. Man this is awesome.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I can pick his brain for some Russell Wilson stories if you would like...

5. bigtexxx

no thanks. don't care

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Seriously though, I bet your friend was the dick.

Or not real. There's that too

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think "jocks" especially the dumber ones can be difficult to work with in an academic setting. They sometimes throw their weight around to get what they want, or want too much shortcuts. And the frustration level of it makes them appear dickish.

Though wouldnt doubt that Watt isnt Mr Perfect all around.

Even past that, its possible to change after college. Or, its possible people want to see Watt as being a better person than he is. I think its hard to have that kind of hard wired dedication and not be a little prickly and "particular" about things

8. akxninja

akxninja Member

He's doing it wrong, needs to learn from Hollywood Leinart. :grin:

[​IMG]

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wow. Wow. Wish I could de-rep

10. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Ill go a step further and say I hope we don't resign him, but that won't happen. I don't think it is worth it to throw 100 million at one guy on defense. That amount should be only for the QB. With Cushing and Kareem due a raise, Joseph and manning will be gone, and virtually no OLBs I personally think we should sign several free agents rather than 1 huge one.

JJ was incredible, but our defense was not that good last year. Maybe a lot, hopefully, was a result from Cushing going down. May not have realized but we only beat 4 teams with records over .500. This is all pointless because there is no way he is leaving.

11. bigtexxx

you have a great football mind. Have you ever considered applying for an NFL top management position, possibly even a GM role?

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

to guage a man's true character we have to see how he responds when things aren't going so well. when he doesn't get double digit sacks in a year and fans start to question his productivity, maybe he'll go Arian "Whatever" Foster.

13. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Do you just make snarky comments or do you ever try to add to a conversation?

I think it is a better choice to have more freedom to sign multiple players. If we are going to tie our hand because of one player, a defensive end, it is not worth it. Our past two drafts have been pretty bad so if we want to get better players quick we will need to sign them. Will it be worth it to have JJ if the rest of the team blows? If we sign him 1 or 2 players we would like to keep will be gone. Texans made a similar type of decision by taking Manning and Joseph rather than nnamdi.

14. bigtexxx

As much as I would like to enter into a discussion about whether the Texans should sign JJ Watt to a long term deal, I feel my time is better spent elsewhere.

15. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Last year, lost Ryans and Winston. Weakest positions? ILB and right side of the line. This year we lose GQ and Barwin, while OLB was avg last year we have now created questions at S and OLB.

If we can sign him, great, but if we have to release some people are really work the salaries to get him I am not on board.

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Which is why you are still here, replying pretty quickly too I might add...

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mario who?

DD

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

JJ Watt is coming off the most dominant season from a d-lineman ever, is clearly in his prime and is head and shoulder's the most popular figure in Houston sports since Dream so - it's not bigtexxx that looks silly.

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I've admitted it is a moot point, but if he's going to choose to respond but not engage then sure I'm going to call him on it.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How dare you sir. JJ Watt is a Prince whose hair smells of Cinnamon

On a more serious note...the idea of not resigning Watt is...well...

[​IMG]