1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.J. Redick - Houston offered more total money than Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SLTEX, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SLTEX

SLTEX Member

J.J. Redick says Houston offered more total money than Philadelphia

https://sports.yahoo.com/j-j-redick-says-houston-184314044.html

[​IMG]Michael K-B

✔@therealmikekb

J.J. Redick said on his new podcast that the #rockets offered him more total money than #sixers. Said role in Houston wasn't what he wanted.

10:48 AM - 19 Jul 2017

“It wasn’t about the money. Houston offered me more money than Philly. Total money. They offered me more money. I knew in Houston, I was going to come off of the bench. Me and Eric Gordon do a lot of the same things… It wasn’t necessarily going to be what I wanted at this point in my career for the court part of it.”

You could use this to say it’s not always about the money, but $23 million is a lot of money. Then next summer Redick gets another kick at the can, and he can choose to stay with an improving Sixers team (we hope) or to take his talents elsewhere. He left himself options, and maybe he makes more long term. Redick also was rumored to want to go back to the East Coast, so that may have played a factor.

Either way, Redick will be just fine. Just consider this another sign of how aggressive the Rockets have been this summer.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  2. mightybosstone

My guess is that he got offered the same deal that Tucker was offered. Because the Rockets couldn't have offered him any more unless they were planning a sign and trade with the non-guaranteed contracts. But to act like $8 million a year is "more money" than $23 million a year is pretty disingenuous. Don't lie JJ. You were looking for a payday, and there's no shame in that.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I remember this thread. Had smaller font before though.

4. No Chill Rocket

Breaking news ... for the night crew I guess

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's way better this time around. Now my dad can read it

ajc123, justtxyank, Zboy and 3 others like this.
  6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

total money? must have been what we offered tucker, i'd take 23m over 1 year too.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's not about the money so he chose the 76ers? :eek:

Total money means stretched out in a few years whereas the 76ers offered him a one year deal with 23M I believe. It's still about the money and because of the money he chose the 76ers.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lol it's not hard to give more total money...if the rockets offered a 5 year, 24 million dollar deal, that still means the rockets offered more total money. His comments mean nothing.

roslolian and DudeWah like this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He probably was offered like 4 years around 15 M per

rezdawg likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im pretty sure if thats what we offered him, he wouldve took that happily. Pretty sure that wasnt the case.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Redddick is saying it's not about the money by taking more money (lol @ total money) to play for a shitty team.

cheke64 likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah and I will make more than Zhou key rookie contract

Except Ill have to work 15 years or so

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It got me. I was scrolling my mouse wheel, zooming in and out, wondering if my monitor settings got jacked.

14. napalm06

The anti-Kevin Durant! Don't go leech on a good team - go lead a bad team! Props to JJ. (Still would've liked him on the Rockets, but yeah our guard / swingman depth is pretty solid right now.)

15. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Incomplete meme.

Complete it by adding Fatt after JJ

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

But we haven't won a ship in years- NOT anywhere close to the same thing. If he turned down the Cavs -that would be similar but obviously JJ is not elite

napalm06 likes this.
  18. rockets13champs

Reddicks one year deal, allows him to be bout out if Sixers suck to win a championship on cavs, rockets, etc

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we offered him more than 23 million ****ing dollars? thats ****ing disturbing. morey might be possessed by a r****ded demon. first ryan now redick. next would be an old, injury prone 'has been' defensive center like knicks did with noah. so that'd be bogut, or hibbert. yikes. easy on th ekrispy kremes morlay! pass them sumbitches my way. you'd be surprised how easy it is for the devil to infiltrate your soul. certain ingredients in food can become demonic portals that makes its way through your aura and before you know it, you sign ryan anderson to 80 million dollars.

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  20. napalm06

I wasn't equating the Rockets to the Warriors. Just giving JJ props for going to a bad team and (apparently) being willing to put in work. Screw the Warriors.

Tfor3 likes this.