1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Iverson contracts leprosy, ear falls off, probable for Monday's game.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Achebe, Apr 30, 2000.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Has everyone else just gained ridiculous respect for Allen Iverson lately? The guy is playing with a broken toe and 4 other ailments (torn rotator cuff, ankle chip, etc.). Not once have I heard him complain about the pain. Instead he plays, period.

------------------

2. sid

sid Member

Torn rotator cuff? That's a serious injury to be playing with. Will it require surgery in the off season? You have to give him a tremendous amount of respect for playing with those injuries. He won't get much probably, because he still has the reputation as a 'bad boy'. He makes a refreshing change from the usual players who go on the injured list with a split nail or such like.

------------------

[This message has been edited by sid (edited April 30, 2000).]

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Ach:
    I know most don't like him, but Iverson is a warrior. He can flat out play, and just like most young players he is trying to adjust his game to the NBA. He does have a lot of character flaws (runs with the wrong crowd, doesn't like to practice, is late) but the guy can flat out play.
    Also it seems strange that the superstar everyone says is a warrior (Duncan), has missed the first 3 games of the series, when his own team says others have played with the injury. At the same time a superstar (Grant Hill) often described as soft, even tried to play after breaking a bone.
    Don't get me wrong I like Duncan, but I think Hill may be getting hngry for a title. I'll be curious to see where he goes. Hopefully it won't be to the Spurs, cause I would hate to imagine Duncan, Hill, Admiral on the same team. Scary.

------------------

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I love little Allen....and yes, it is rumored he will have to have surgery on his shoulder. I tis not that serious, but will probably require attention after the season.

Honestly, can you expect the guy not to get injured? He is only 6'1" and 165 or so, but he drives fearlessly, takes it to the big men, and gets fouled hard at times. If he plays like that his whole career, look for it to be short-lived.

He is just on another level than most of the guards in the league...and DAMN is he quick!

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Hoop-T:
    Do you see the same fearlessnes in Stevie? I see Stevie doing alot of the same things, and yeah Stevie is bigger and stronger but in the pain both of the guys are small.

------------------