1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough, LeBron is the GOAT

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cash Cam, Jun 7, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am huge Hakeem fan, always was, he also had his problems but yup he was underrated. This is probably a convo for another time.

2. Fantasma Negro

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBron James crowns himself the GOAT because of his 2016 Finals win over the Warriors

Citing his iconic win over the Golden State Warriors in the 2016 NBA Finals as evidence, the Los Angeles Lakers star said he is “the greatest player of all time.”

A transcript of James’ thoughts:

That one right there made me the greatest player of all time. That’s what I felt. I was super, super ecstatic to win one for Cleveland because of the 52-year drought. Like, I was ecstatic. That day, the first wave of emotion was, everyone saw me crying, that was all for 52 years of everything sports that have gone on in Cleveland. And after I stopped, I was like ‘That one right there made you the greatest player of all time.’ Everybody was talking about how they were the greatest team of all time. Like, they were the greatest team ever assembled, and for us to come back, the way we came back in that fashion, I was like ‘You did something special.’ That was, like, one of the only times in my career I felt like ‘Oh s—, you did something special.’ I haven’t really had time to really sit back and think, but that, that was a moment.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Opinions are like ***holes

6. likestohypeguy

Solid argument, can't get mad at anyone for putting him there already. Much less if he ends up doing something LA.

Wish it made him more palatable. Ive tried really hard his entire career, since his HS games were televised. Maybe I'd have had the same reactions to MJ's interviews/style/antics/attitude if I were an adult when he played, or vice versa if a kid now watching LBJ (& if all the increased media exposure now were equal, probably as much a factor).

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah kyrie hit the daggers in his iconic game smh

Blurr#7 likes this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

There is no denying that any team he goes to, that they improve rapidly.

I thought after he beat the Warriors he was the goat and I still feel that way. Jordan got lucky he retired when he did. His legacy would have cracked up against Hakeem.

That is why I was so bummed that James wasn't able to get the Rockets past the Warriors with Durant. That would have really threw James in to an incredible legacy situation. He would have, in my opinion surpassed Durant and Curry. I think James is better than both guys as he carries a heavier load than anyone not named Lebron.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ouch! good one Danny

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

LeBron knows that another championship is unlikely so he has to sell his past hard.

His future is interesting. Too big to fail. NBA in a tough spot, though. They don't want to lose basketball in New Orleans, but they don't want to lose LeBron as a contender either. Maybe Silver doesn't care as much about basketball in New Orleans.

13. hakeemthagreat

He is a diva. All the blind praise y'all give this guy has made him feel more entitled. He is not no damn goat. He knows it & is trollin. This generation of basketball is made more for stat padding. Yes his stats are incredible. But the PATH Lebron has taken has been a lot easier than any of the other elites. If this were 2K, Jordan won six rings with the game settings on hall of fame. Lebron won 3 rings on rookie. BIG difference

ryano2009 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Best answer to end this debate.

Caesar, JumpMan and don grahamleone like this.
  16. likestohypeguy

Nevermind the part of my post in bold. These are two completely different animals I think... hey someone post an interview or antics of MJ that pisses me off. I feel like the victim of selective memory.

Maybe his HOF acceptance speech, had me confused, like why are you so salty, but not angry at him compared to for instance just last night with LeBron out, instead of being on the bench, watching from the tunnel with team execs, giving the impression he's not on a players level but execs level evaluating talent discussing trades (guess it's true, he is on that level)... must be I hate the times changing more than the player. If MJ was playing today, maybe he'd be the same. Anyway IDK why that pisses me off so much. Michael probably did something similar at some point.