1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I've Seen Enough] And Now I've Grown To Love Chris Clemons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Oct 4, 2019.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Love this story from D'antoni on Chris Clemons Rookie Interview:

Rockets: "What position do you think you should play?"
    Chris Clemons: "Well you got Westbrook and Harden so I guess I'm a 3."

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Clemons continues to impress. I'm convinced he'd be a legit starter with a Isiah Thomas like career if he was playing for a lottery team where he can take more shots.

Yes, he's small and will probably get exposed in the playoffs but if he plays well offensively, he'll have a place in the league.

hakeem94, da_juice, bj3175 and 4 others like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

How tall is Cayleigh Griffin? She seemed to tower over Clemons. Kidding aside, he balled out tonight, happy to see him step up on both offensive and defensive ends.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude is a player, and he is going to make money.

We need to start negotiating with him to be here longterm. Do not lose this stud.

jcmoon, da_juice, BigggReddd and 4 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clemons did a great job. He shoots with great confidence and can sustain it.

D-rock, DaDakota and FrontRunner like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

She's 6ft …. according to whoever shifted things to the post game interview.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

It's amazing how being around Harden and a good coaching staff can bring out the best in everyone's talents. Hopefully RWB learns to adapt by giving up that dumb mid range shot. Wouldn't hate seeing Clemons in the rotation if he can stroke long range shots.

D-rock likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol **** MDA might really play Clemons at the 3 now.

Small ball 4 lyfe.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can score......I envisioned Shamory Ponds doing exactly that. Afterthought.

Ben Mac also keeps on producing.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Clemons is the real deal, he just needs to get burn. Could end up being our replacement for the boy who can't have fun.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Clemons' defense is significantly better than I anticipated. He actually fights through screens really well which is the most important part of defense for him in particular since he cannot afford to get switched on bigger players.

12. eslate22

eslate22 Member

as consummate of a professional as one can be and i seriously hope he retires a rocket

RudyTBag, hakeem94 and jcmoon like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would kill to watch this guy start and play 35 minutes a night with a Trae Young green light. I really hope we don't take for granted his insane scoring talent.

Dude is 25-30 points a night at any level, and it appears that he can pass and defend a bit too. Smart player.

LOCK HIM UP.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. We know Austin's ceiling and Austin's shooting and play making isn't good enough to take advantage of the late double team. That said, Clemons would be perfect on the Knicks. Unfortunately, they don't even have their 2RP to give us. Best case scenario is Rivers and Westbrook miss some time and it allow Clemons to show the league his value. Once he establishes his value, it makes the most sense to sell him to the highest bidder because Gordon, WB and Harden are untradeable, while Rivers won't get us any value on a league minimum contract.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

why would you want to sell him to the highest bidder?

he could be Gordon or rivers replacement next year.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I got curious about what it would take for Clemons to get 25 per night. His PER 36 numbers (fairly close to 35 minutes) shows he's not getting 25, but simple rate-math tells me he'd only need to take about 19 shots a game to make 25. Austin Rivers would only need to take about 23 shots per game to reach the same.

(Harden 16, Westbrook 22)

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SIGNED

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon is locked up for 4 more years I believe, so to assume we have plans to adequately replace him is a bit premature. He could replace Rivers, but that will cost us another season of Harden's prime while Westbrook will be one year closer to losing the elite athleticism which is really the only reason he's a good player. For the first time in a decade, their isn't a super team like the Heat or Warriors. If the Rockets wait til next year, the Clippers or Lakers could reload, not to mention Golden State coming back healthy with top 3 lottery pick, or even worse a top free agent they traded the pick for(rumors of Giannis).

I agree it would suck to trade Clemons, especially for 50 cents on the dollar, but there is little opportunity here for him. With Gordon down now, I would try to showcase him. I have similar feelings about Hartenstein as well. Our two best young players play our two deepest positions.

19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

there's no guarantee that rivers will resign in the summer....also, if this season doesn't go well, Gordon is the only real trade piece we have outside of Capela, so he can definitely be moved in the right deal...they also have to resign Tucker.

There is no reason to trade Clemons who is worth a low first round pick for a second round pick. he has too much talent. If he is packaged this year after he's signed it would have to bring back a rotational forward who's better than gary clark and Thabo IMO....OR a future first. now way you give him up for a second rounder.

RudyTBag and Hakeemtheking like this.
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Kid has enormous potential; just needs floor time to prove it.

RudyTBag likes this.