1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've got a question Clutch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaFranchise, Jul 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

I don't want to be annoying or anything, but why did the Arena Deal Complete! thread get moved? This forum is for anything about the Rockets, anything, and if I'm correct that seems to include the arena. I don't want to post in those forums that only 5 other people check out.

It's not that big of a deal, I just think it's kinda ridiculous the way y'all think you have to babysit these forums.

------------------

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe so people will learn to orginize themselves . If i kept posting about The NFL in the Rockets Forum you would get annoyed at me . Oh look 300 posts another meaningless milestone

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Nice knowing you, see ya later. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

4. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

The fact that it bothers so many people that I posted in the "wrong" forum is almost depressing. Give me a break.

The reason I don't have interest in the other forum is because noone else does. If a lot of people showed interest in it, I'd be posting in it every day. But when I do check it out it sometimes hasn't had a new post in hours. No offense, Jeff, but it's not worth wasting my time. Also, the arena deal actually was finalized yesterday, not two weeks ago. It may have been just about done two weeks ago, but it is 100% complete now.

This BBS is getting pretty sad.

And I'll bet they close this thread too, just watch.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DaFranchise (edited July 13, 2000).]

5. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

No, DaFranchise, the fact that you have your panties in a bunch over the thread being moved, and over semantics describing the forums, is depressing.

------------------

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The fact that you continue to insist on posting in the wrong forum despite your recognition that it bothers so many people is kind of sad. If you know you're annoying people with your behavior, why do you continue?

------------------
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

If the way this BBS is run bothers you, I'm sure you can probably guess the quick and easy solution to your problems.

I could suggest another Rockets BBS to you, but you don't seem to like posting where "no one else does", so you definitely wouldn't like it there.

In the future, raise administrative concerns in email to one of the Admins, or do not do it at all.

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited July 13, 2000).]

8. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

I don't like bothering other people. It never even occured to me that I was posting in the wrong forum. I enjoy posting with all the people at this BBS and all of them go to this forum, not the others. So I posted here, I didn't mean to piss anyone off. I didn't even know there was a feedback forum so calm down.

I'm not at all upset that my thread was moved, I just thought it was kind of pointless and was asking why.

Please close this thread Admins, I guess my question was answered.

------------------

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

DaFranchise --

It seems to me you've had your feelings hurt because it was your thread that was moved. Though I agree some do tend to "jump" on others for posting in the incorrect forum, and the arena issue could work here, we try to organize topics in the right forum so the same discussion is not happening in two different places.

You're making a much bigger deal out of this -- there's nothing wrong with organizing it and the admin who moved it wasn't trying to offend you. No one should feel bad when a thread is moved -- it is closed in this forum so people know it has been moved and in essence duplicated in the other forum. It is not an insult...

....despite the fact you've been dishing out nothing but since, ya pansy ass.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

you forgot the smiley face there, Clutch.

Hey Everyone! Have a nice day.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

11. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

I wasn't hurt, I just thought it was stupid. I understand it wasn't an insult, but it does get annoying when everyone comments that something is in the wrong forum. I wasn't insulting anyone back, it was called "I've got a question Clutch" not "What the f*** is up with this BBS?".

I haven't insulted anyone that didn't insult me first either.

Please just close this stupid thread. Everyone has said the exact same thing and it's getting old.

------------------

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Uh DaFranchise -- better glance over your posts again for insults.

I strongly recommend you use <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb-cgi/search.cgi?action=getdaily">this link</a>, which is at the very top of the front page of the BBS, so you can see all the daily posts from all forums in one easy page.

That way we don't waste your precious time here at the BBS.

Moving this post to the feedback forum as you requested.... despite you earlier telling everyone to "watch" that we would move the thread, now you seem to be begging for it.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

13. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

Hey moe, this is a Rockets forum, in fact the quote is

"Anything and everything about the Houston Rockets. Your comments from last night's game, potential roster moves, player quotes and pictures. Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray."

If I can talk about Tracy Murray, I sure as hell can talk about the new arena. Nice try explaining it, though, with your genius NFL analogy.

------------------

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How do you know only 5 other people check out the other forums?

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com

15. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

It's sarcasm pal. It's not that big of a deal, I just think it's kind of stupid that they make you go to a forum that a lot less people post on if you want to talk about something that could also be talked about in this forum.

------------------

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes But if there was a forum for Tracy Murray you post in that forum instead or Rockets Forum . Same as arenas

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Maybe if you would post in that forum, the lack of posts wouldn't be a problem.

The Save Our Rockets forum is specifically for dealing with arena issues. This forum is for basketball-related issues.

If you are concerned with the lack of posts in a particular forum, you should go to that forum and post there. Everyone would appreciate your comments, I'm sure. If the arena issue is a big enough concern for you to post it here, I would assume that a couple of mouse clicks to another forum would not be that much of a strain for you or anyone else.

I don't know how much you realize it, but this issue is FAR more important to the future of the Rockets than any trades, free agency signings or draft picks. Without an arena, the Rockets are not going to be in Houston.

I don't mean to belittle the conversations about personnel because you know how much it means to me as well, but your lack of interest in a forum dedicated to the arena is indicative of the same type of apathy that cause the loss of the last referendum. If you don't want to see the Rockets leave, I suggest you get involved and not worry so much about where your post is being made but WHY and HOW MUCH impact it has.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

18. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Da, If you would have gone to the SOR forum a week ago you would have read about the deal. The SOR forum is set up specifically for keeping the rockets in Houston.

Just a tip for you: before lashing out at others, look in the mirror first. [​IMG]

And this should be posted in the feedback forum.
    ------------------
    "Is this thing on? I'm in charge now"-Alexander Haig

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited July 13, 2000).]

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Ya know, there's a forum for this too. [​IMG]

Really though, the Crew does read the Feedback Forum. Or you could always go the "old-fashioned" route and use e-mail.

------------------
    "I've been licking this carpet for hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.