1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Westbrook - this is 100% a how do we fit his game in scenario

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 6, 2019.

1. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I agree with this thread completely. This is why people had issues with RWB prior to this season.

This brings up an important rhetorical question - would we be better now (not when we won 65 games but NOW), if we kept PBev, Lou and Trez? Our bench sucks

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes we would I beleive we would be a top defensive team. That trade was only worth it if we won a chip with Paul.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Didn’t you read the title?? DD said it’s 100% how we fit him in so it must be true!!

DaDakota and don grahamleone like this.
  5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

So, two questions. What is the best current Westbrook Lineup? Maybe Gordon-Westbrook-Tucker-Sefolosha-Rivers?

What is the ideal but realistic Westbrook lineup? For example, would Covington really help in a Harden-Westbrook Capela Lineup? and if so, how?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

WB with the highest +- tonight.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's a problem, no doubt about it

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm team #TeamCP3, so obviously I think the WB trade was a mistake, but WB SO FAR hasn't been as big of a problem as I expected. What's killed us to start the season is Harden/Gordon being brick masters... and our D being horrific, which seems to stem from Harden being uber lazy.

I do expect for WB to be a problem in the future though, boy just can't shoot.

HP3 and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

this year any lineup with Gordon in it is not a good lineup n Covington would be what house is now. I'm saying this as a we need Covington guy at the start of the season. but house is really making me think we good there.

now my eye is focused on Clint. if that was love instead of Clint in our starting lineup omg. another guy Westbrook knows. another great rebounder n shooter...plus he can post unlike clint. damn I want sooooo bad rn

10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

We all hope that Harden and Westbrook start playing better together. But the Rockets need a real PF. A player like Serge Ibaka. Otherwise we have nothing to do in the playoffs.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden is not whats wrong with our D. He's such an easy target for you guys. No, guys are just being lazy and not playing hard. Thats what pisses me off about our role guys. Its not like you have this big offensive role to carry if youre a role guy, play some goddamned defense. its literally the least you can do.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not sure who "you guys" are, but I speak for myself lol. Historically, I've been a Harden defense defender, but I've seen Harden single handly collapse our defense on so many plays this year due to - him being insanely lazy. I'm not saying everybody else is doing steller, but you're only as strong as your weakest link with D, and Harden letting the team go 4-5 so many plays have discouraged our entire team defensively IMO.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Seems like a blame Harden comment. Our defense is bad even without Harden in the game. They have all been bad especially Gordon and Capela. Its like some of the people on here have tunnel vision. Everything is about Harden even when its not all him. This is why we still have shitty role players. Oh its ok if we get that guy he'll be good with Harden. Hardens gonna make up for it. No... dude they need to take responsibility too.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

or...take that for data?

not that big a sample size, but net rating on the floor is a decent barometer.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That's the issue. One thing the team tends to follow the super star on is effort. You want (need?) your star players to be your hardest workers. Not that they can't do ok with less effort...it's the rest of the team can't.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

@Clutch, can we get a "Kneejerker" designation for posters who constantly jump to "How to save this team!" or "Time to blow it up!" conclusions after a bad game?

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

The problem with our defense is not Westbrook. He wasn’t here the last two years when our defense had similar issues in stretches.

we have enough sample size to know that it’s harden and accountability

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Really? As I recall the Warriors ran the same PnR 10 times in a row against CP3 and PJ Game 6 and scored on 8 of those possessions. It’s obvious some of y’all have never played a sort of team sport. It’s lazy to blame Harden for the whole defensive collapse

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You mean like Harden's total lack of give a damn on the defensive end ? He's been beyond awful.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  20. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

At least he isn't jacking up 9 threes a night and missing 75% of them like Eric Gordon has been...

I've been pleasantly surprised with WB's play overall in regard to putting his ego aside.