1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. basketballholic

I have no idea if Harrell is the solution. Hey at jest you're admitting there is a problem with Capela. That's the first step.

;)

2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

too long, hasn't read it yet, but bb speaks and I have popcorn ready and watch.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Capela has not been as horrible as some make it out to be, but it doesn't hurt to start with Nene and see how Capela fares against their bench. Our slow starts are not at all due to Capela, but they do score more easily inside and Nene can match Adams' fysicallity.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We'll see about that.

Imo the Spurs are a much better matchup for Clint than okc. Clint has problems with physical bigs and Spurs don't have any of them on the roster.

Nene should still see the bulk of the minutes that series and close out the games.

But if we do get past the Spurs and face the GSW I do think trez will have to play as well as Clint. You have to go over the top on lob pass against them. Take advantage of them playing small unless they have jevale in the game.

topfive likes this.
  5. Soneca

Soneca Member

Serious question now: would switching Capela for Zaza, Dedmon or Tristan Thompson hurt the chances of GSW, SA or Cle winning it all? I strongly doub it. Arguing that the Rockets won't win the champsionship with Capela starting makes zero sense. The only worse thing one could say is that we won't win it with Harden as the primary playmaker -- the best playmaker in the association! Yes, unfotunately we likely won't win it, but that's because there are better teams then ours, period.

Come on man, it's playoff time. What difference does it make if Capela is starting or not? Our slow starts are a combination of no sense of urgency, Ryno sucking, Capela being outmatched, Harden turning it over during the first posessions, Ariza and Bev not hitting the 3's in a reliable and consistent rate, we're not fixing all those issues by starting Nene. Our bench is so much better than OKC's, Nene being in the second unit has a great deal on that. He needs to be fresh to close out games, that's the most important thing.

We now have the luxury of having time to work in those problems whilst sporting a 3-1 LEAD!! We're not OKC, a team that spent 82 games trying to statpad WB and don't have an identity. We built a team -- the third best in the league btw -- during the regular season. It's not to say that we shouldn't make adjustments, we must and we've done a few. But we don't need to change the starting lineup, considering the moral impact it may take on players. All that said, even if we did change the starting lineup -- which I don't think is needed -- the most reasonable move would be starting EGo over Ryno, putting James on Gibson and leaving Ariza on Roberson to help on WB, having Lou as our sixth man. We can always make moves 3 minutes in, if things are not working, just like we did last night in the 3rd, when EGo and Nene checked in at the 8:41 mark -- not that these moves solved our problems. Let's not act like starting or not makes all that difference.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hopefully this is just a really bad matchup for Clint. Let's see how he does in the next series. I'm not surprised that Adams/Kanter would have their way with him. I mean, they had their way with the Warriors last year.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Either way, I still want Morey to go full Moreyball and get us a center who can shoot 3s. No more of these raw big men with zero offensive skillset like Dwight and Capela who have ZERO shooting range outside of 5 feet. Screw that. It only takes one non-shooter to completely f*** up an offense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

9. basketballholic

Pau Gasol is like 7'2". Gasol's whole career is built around the paint. He knows how to use his body and length to squash lightweights like Capela. Pau vs. Capela is a complete mismatch in favor of Pau. Pau will impede Capela setting the pick so by the time he sets Kawhi will have already went underneath or around it.

Things aren't going to change for the better for Capela against another team. This is the playoffs. If you advance you face an even better team.

#89 basketballholic, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How quickly we forget game 1 and 2, where he was fantastic on defense. (Agenda)

11. Chamillionaire

He's played good almost all year. He's had a couple bad games. He's still young. I'm confident he will turn it around next game.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

It's time for you to stfu and stop waiting for the players you hate to have bad games to start your stupid azz threads. You stated all year that the Rockets wouldn't even get to the playoffs with Capela as the starter, and yet we had the 3rd best record in the league, and are up 3-1 on the Thunder with Capela as our starter.

Sure he has played bad and soft in the last two games, but he still has done enough with us as a team to be winning the series 3-1. You have no secret vision or knowledge of how changing the starting lineups will affect players, chemistry or overall wins and loses, which ultimately is all that matters....WINS AS A TEAM!

Sure, Capela is playing bad, but so are Ariza and Anderson too. Maybe if everyone else was on, it would open it up for Capela. But really, who cares because this is who we are this season. This is the team we rode or died with all season long. This is the team that got us this far. You don't change shet now because an suckapinionholic thinks that his ideas are better as a hindsight coach.

Let me repeat to you what really matters in case your thick skull still doesn't understand:

ROCKETS 3 GAMES

THUNDER 1 GAME

Killatron 2000 and Ranny like this.
  13. basketballholic

Your post is full of false statements that you cannot prove. You're losing validity.

14. FANfrom86toNow

You lost validity a long time ago buddy. Your tirads against your prefered disliked Rocket's players just change from year to year. You do anything to stay relevant as a distraction only. You lost all the credibility for any basketball knowledge a long time ago when you decided to push agendas as basketball insight, instead of real insight. You forgot that this is a "FAN" forum, not a prick forum. You, of your own choosing and will, have become nothing but a laughing distraction and disgrace on this forum. But carry on.

You can prove non of my statements as false also, or you would have done it already.

15. basketballholic

I care not to waste time with you. But here's one. There are no posts from me this year that we would not make the playoffs. Your statement that there is.....is false. Bye.

16. FANfrom86toNow

You can run, but you can't hide for your umpteen posts about how we would never win jack with Capela as our starting center. I don't need to point them out, the whole board already knows of your obsession, but even if they didn't, your posts are recorded and waiting to be found by anyone that cares. I doubt anyone cares to prove you wrong again for the 1,000,000,000,000th time.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No. Just... no...

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Then what was the post about the Rockets not making the playoffs if Capela was our starter this season? Am I remembering it wrong? Can you repost the original post I'm thinking of.

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Capela's contract is toxic? 1.2 million this year. Very toxic.

20. basketballholic

I've related that myself several times. That was before July last year and was based on a discussion about replacing Dwight with Capela. I was very clear that if we simply did that we'd be a lottery team. But....some people like to pull things clear out of context and make up arguments.....Because they know I'm right. I'm not going to find it for you again. Got better things to do.