1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's real now. What would you give up for Tony Romo?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Another Brother, Mar 9, 2017.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not sure if mentioned, but Demarcus Ware is retiring, makes their defense a little weaker.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....I can't really buy any of that. Maybe that'll be Denver's push since they can't sell him on the team, but I don't think Romo is going to look at it as GM school.

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, not a primary motivation, but something in his mind.

I think Romo is HIGHLY driven to win. He will want to not just put a good capstone on his career, but, although he'll never say so publicly, you have to think he will want to show the Cowboys they should have let him compete for his job.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed completely, he wants to shed the narrative that he can't get it done in the playoffs and he wants the Cowboys to regret sitting him for the new hype machine that they were one and done in the playoffs with......he'd probably also like to do so in Houston because that would rub it in the most.

Of course, that said, I'm not sure he can stay healthy so if he went to Houston and failed, it would make Cowboys fans forever think that they made the right choice dumping him.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Tony Romo is an injury away from a robe and the couch.

6. AFS

AFS Member

Really hope we get Romo and also draft a QB in the first round (along with an O-lineman in round 2 or 3).

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I understand saying you dont want Romo or Cutler. But I don't understand "draft Mahomes, draft O-line, start Savage" Literally none of that is ruined by picking up a QB, other than a higher ceiling. We don't lose Savage and we still draft all those things.

Bogey, DonnyMost, Victorious and 2 others like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he plays for Houston we will introduce him to Bob McNair's adopted son Rick. Ricky will teach him all about being a GM.

Sajan likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Let Romo compete for a starting spot with Dak. If he fails to win the job, then release him at the end of the pre-season.

10. conquistador#11

even with manning, denver came in second. Manning wanted houston. Brock, the guy elway drafted, he wanted houston. Romo wants houston.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That is exactly what you should do if you want to burn bridges with every single athlete and agent who works with or is close to Tony Romo or his agent.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

No joke. Romo is a 2-3 year solution at best.

You can still sign Romo while drafting a QB and build your OL of the future.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2-3 years is very promising. I would say yes to Romo if I thought he could stay healthy that long. I was worried about him even lasting one season without breaking his collarbone again or something else. It might take a little WD-40 to get all the rust off from not playing much the last couple years. If that works I'll be happy with the pickup until we get our young gun, as long as we don't put all our money on Romo and give up a draft pick too.

Yaosthirdleg and DonnyMost like this.
  14. Sanity2disChaos

Buddy,I hope you are right.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Crazy red flag when a player thinks his options are going to the glue factory vs playing for the Texans.

We've been a laughingstock for the whole league for a while, as a place you go to take it easy and cash one last check. The only solace in potentially getting Tony Romo is that it might finally get Rick Smith fired.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would love to see Romo in a broadcasting role.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you misunderstand, the player either wants to play with the Texans where he has a strong chance to make a deep playoff run, or retire because no other team gives him that opportunity for success.

Perhaps you were trying to spin things into a negative, but in no way is that anything but complimentary to the Texans.

Yaosthirdleg and Snow Villiers like this.