1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Quitten time . . .

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PhiSlamma, Jun 4, 2000.

1. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

OK, time to root for someone . . .

I hate Scottie Pippen. He is a quitter, a liar, and a punk. He took the lowest road out of Houston possible, and he and the rest of the world knows it. It's about damn time that he apologized to Chuck.

That being said, I am rooting for the Blazers today. As much as I hate Pippen, I hate Phil Jackass and the Lakers more. I just want to see Phil, Shaq, Kobe, and NBC get screwed, and to that end, I have to root for Portland. Call it the lesser of two evils, call it what you will, but I am a Blazers fan for today.

The truth of it is, for anyone who knows the game, is that Portland is the better team. For all of the garbage NBC buildup of the Lakers, they are not as good as the Blazers, not even close. Yes, they have the most dominant player of the series in Shaq, but after that, I put Scottie (it's true) and Rasheed ahead of Kobe. And after Rice, you're talking a HUGE drop - off in talent from the Blazers to the Lakers. This series should already be over, and both teams know it. The Blazers should have won in 6. If Shaq doesn't have a MONSTER game - I'm talking like 40/20, it's bye - bye LA, and, man, do I hope that happens. Foget about the 'Bling Dynasty' crap for LA, it's second fiddle time all over again.

Go Blazers!

- Slamma

------------------
    Millenium blastoff is Imminent!!!
    Rocks are in the hiz - ouse!!

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Great post. I couldn't have said it better myself. I may not like Scottie, but today I will cheer him on as hard as ever in the quest to bring down the Fakers. BLAZERS IN SEVEN!!!

------------------

3. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

You know Phi, I find myself in the same predicament. On the one hand there is the Lakers, who other than Shaquille, I despise, I don't know why I despise them but I believe it has something to do with NBC slamming them down my throat. On the other hand there are the Blazers whom I like very much. As a matter a fact I would be rooting like crazy for them if not for one reason - Pippen. But I think in this case, I think I too will side with the Blazers. But keep in mind that I am praying for someone to take Scottie's head off while he's driving down the lane.

-Turbo

4. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Thanks, Cat. I understand, Turbo.

Go Blazers, then! [​IMG]

------------------
    Millenium blastoff is Imminent!!!
    Rocks are in the hiz - ouse!!

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Just go for the lakers because I JUST DONT WANT SCOTTIE TO BE IN THE FINALS! But if Blazers win this game tonight then Paul Allen really was spending his money with David Stern the past week. I predict a laker victory with Sabonis getting 2 fouls in 30 seconds and wallace being ejected in the second quarter.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

6. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Ditto for me.

For the sake of the overhyped, overrated and overcoveraged Lakers, I will ignore my highly intensified hate for Scottie Pippen the person, and cheer his team on like never before. If it weren't for him being on that team, I would probably cheer them on right from round one. I like most of their players, their depth and their style.

In a perfect world, Pip will go 0-7 and be blanked off in assists and rebounds, Bob Costas would claim a consipracy against large market teams, Kobe will weep like a schoolgirl, and Shaq will go from the Big Aristotle to the Big Choke as the Blazers humiliate the Lakeshow and go on to the finals.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

"It's Quitten time..."

It sure is!!

Who are you going to blame it on this time Pippy??

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited June 04, 2000).]

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Well, Scottie has quite a few choices of blame for this one. Many of them could be Rockets, actually.

Charles Barkley - his fight/fist-shots with Shaq earlier in the season toughened O'Neal up both mentally and physically, and led Shaq to play tougher and meaner during the stretch. Thus, Chuck screwed Pippens chances of going back to the finals.

Hakeem Olajuwon - had Dream not made Shaq look like a stationary pilon during the '95 finals and allowed the Magic to win, O'Neal would be satisified with his ring and not take it out on Pip and the Blazers.

Rudy Tomjanovich - had he not cut Brian Shaw earlier in the season, allowing L.A to sign him, the result may have been different, as Shaw hit some big shots tonight.

As you can see, if a normal joe like me could think of a few potential excuses, imagine how many possibilties are dancing in the troubled mind of a whiner such as Quiten? He could make a living on his whining attributes.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

DAMN, I forgot the Rockets had Shaw!

I was just talking with a friend saying, "it would be nice if we could add him to the bench!"

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!