1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its Official, Dwight will play in Game 5, no further punishment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanrocket1989, May 26, 2015.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hooray. Rockets are fortunate. Now let's win game 5!

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right decision. Can't believe people were saying Dwight should be suspended for trying to free himself from Bogut's grab.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you need a devil's advocate justification for the call, since all impartial fans on this website seem to be against Dwight on this:

1. The NBA seems to have taken into account what Bogut did to Dwight prior to this, which was certainly an uncalled foul. And

2. The NBA seems to credit Dwight for not looking while swinging his elbow back. Was there malicious intent? Certainly, and it warranted a flagrant 1. But can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was aiming for Bogut's head? No.

Would we have been rooting for the Flagrant 2 if the tables were turned, and Bogut had done it to Dwight? Of course. But just like Tyson Chandler didn't get penalized, neither did Dwight. To me that's consistent. You're not talking about Horford versus a Derek Fisher-esque loudmouth chihuahua guard here. This is big man v big man, Dwight Howard versus the other team's punk ass b**** center. The rules are different.

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Is NBA league still Rigged???

6. lalala902102001

Great! Now go win the game.

7. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

This reminds me of the Andre Johnson beatdown of Courtney Finnegan. If the league was only shown the one-sided assault by Dre, then a heavy suspension would probably be issued. But Finnegan's provocation was noted so the NFL said,"Oh, that ain't right also." So it was offset with just the 25k fined and the world was righteous once again.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Bogut gets away with trying to shove dildos up Dwight. Maybe it's Bogut that should be punished.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The assertion Dwight was simply "trying to free himself" is more bogus than the assertion he should be suspended.

Also, he wouldn't necessarily be suspended for the "punch", it's the accumulation of outbursts Howard has displayed during these playoffs.

That said, glad everything worked out for Houston. Good call.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually I feel great about it, surprised, but happy.

Thanks.

DD

11. ibm

ibm Member

was expecting this.

but,,, man,,, this league is so rigged. how come they didnt give bogut a suspension? how dare they? outrageous!

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Great!

jus wish Dwight would stop jeopardizing his availability by getting locked up with scrubs....
    Bron, KD, Curry.... I'll take a double ejection... but not for Bogut... smh...

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

TNT clowns trying to say Dwight's b**** slap was CLEARLY worse than Horford knowingly trying to elbow Delly in the face. I mean what a joke of a show.

14. AliefRockets713

The guys on TNT are so damn retarted, last time they said that when somebody is doing all these slick stuff to you, like Bogut, you should be able to retaliate. Now they are saying Dwight should have been ejected and suspended for the next game.

15. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Actually you said Dwight should be suspended. ...following you for several years and I know you wanted to be right...you were hoping he would get suspended so you could bask in it...and now u are saying you are happy...highly doubt that....you tried to make it like it was a win win situation for yourself....you are a very pessimistic person...all your posts are fairly negative...I find it irritating but maybe that's your goal...you reached it because most people are irritated by you..don't t you ever wonder why that is?...maybe it's you

However several years ago you weren't like that...you used to post videos breaking down playoff games which I actually liked and you had good posts...but something changed with you and now I just find your posts annoying at best...

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Why do you put 3 periods at the end of every sentence!?

17. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Glad they acknowledged Dwight trying to break free from Bogut arm lock, though we all know, he did try to hit him and got lucky. He clearly made a fist and it was not just an open hand, but glad they let the players decide. Dwight has doled it out, now it's time to just be dirty like Bogut and not retaliate but initiate ;)

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I did think he should be suspended, happy the NBA thought otherwise.

Sorry you found it annoying, I don't do videos here any more, That was fun, maybe I will do it again.

DD

#38 DaDakota, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Next time elbow him more discreetly Dwight!! Rockets need to push the crybaby whiner warriors around. Hit them hard!

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Dwight's historically bad aim is finally paying off in a unconventional way. Fortunately, he is about as accurate with his elbows as he is with his free throw shooting.