1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's official, Croshere will fit awsome with the Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Jun 19, 2000.

1. vince

vince Member

Croshere is ready to take up starting duties for any team.

This message goes out to Rudy, If you know him pass it on: "Sign Croshere!!!!!!!!!"

Does it make any sense to any of you when Bird takes him out of the game after playing the way he plays? An all-star most definatley!!

------------------

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

it's not that easy having a salary cap makes things hard. well at least it's better than baseball where everyone has all different salary ranges but with a salary cap we can't offer austin as much as other teams. he is a nice player but i don't know how much he is worth

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you believe Shaq only averaged 40 MPG, not 48 this year?

I like Croshere, and if we could get him for a small cost, I'd do it ASAP. But, an all star? Umm.......no.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Would it be heretical to suggest that we let Cuttino go, pick up one of the SGs (Alexander, DerMarr or DeShawn) in the draft and sign Croshere instead as our Free Agent of choice? Mobley's a nice player but never will be a star and so is replaceable. We need SIZE. You don't find many guys Croshere's size with his skills and intensity!

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

5. vince

vince Member

gee thanks for letting me know about the salary cap [​IMG]

Croshere can come to the Rockets via sign and trade, and I say lets do Williams for Croshere!!!! I'd rather pay Croshere than Williams!!!

At least Croshere leaves it on the court, not on the bus before the game ala Williams !!!!! Make any sense?

------------------

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RR-can't work. We're over the cap, we have to offer Mobley our Early Bird or our 2.3 exception, we can't offer it to someone else.

vince-That'd be ideal, but I'm sure Indiana would rather let Croshere go for nothing, then get Williams. If they let him go for nothing, they at least get cap space.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

where's heypartner?

------------------

8. dice7_11

dice7_11 Member

austin croshere definately could be an all-star, maybe not a perenial all-star but croshere has the potential to be an all-star maybe once or twice in his career. if christian laettner can make to an all-star team once in his career surely austin croshere can make it to an all-star team at least once in his career.

9. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Damn. Austin just played a hell of a first half tonight. Give me a player like him any time. The guy is so old school it is not funny. He has all the fundmentals. He plays defense (man that knee by Horry must have hurt)! I love his attitude. He even went up to try and block Shaq. I mean the man has no fears. He can shoot free throws, he sets picks, he can shoot threes, he rebounds.

Sign him up. This is guy is freaking awesome. He is putting on a show....

Can he fit on the Rockets. I say HELL YA!!!

He is worth the money...

------------------
    "There is Francis backpedaling at full speed to guard Seattle All-Star Gary Payton on a fast break and then leaping as if off a springboard to make a spectacular fingertip block on what appeared to be a sure layup."

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

wow, I wasnt sure if Croshere would fit before,

but now it's official!

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    No signature for you!

11. MManal

MManal Member

If the Rockets can get Austin Croshere in a sign and trade for Kenny Thomas and Bryce Drew, Im all for it.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

12. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Unfortunately I didn't get to see that first half you guys are talking about with Croshere. I did read his final stats and was impressed though. This guy is Mr. Hustle and that is what we need more of on this team. Like dream34 said, he is very old school and he does so many other things to help out the team. His effort may even inspire the rest of our players to contribute more. All I can say is I thought he was just another name at the end of a team's bench and he was his first two years but this year, he really impressed not only me but a lot of other people as well. Since Bird is leaving and Bender may step into the starting PF role w/ Dale Davis at center, then I can see him leaving. With Mark Jackson as well possibly leaving, Drew, being from nearby would be ideal and we could always throw in other pieces to make it work. I think if we could get him via sign and trade, sign Brad Miller with exception, draft a SF, hopefully Miles, if not then Dermarr Johnson, we would have an excellent offseason. One other thing, Milwaukee might want to get rid of their pick and we might be able to do something with Orlando for the #10 pick, I would like to also draft Moiso. That would be my ideal offseason.

------------------

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice to see all the new converts to the Austin Croshere fan club. Welcome !

Austin would be a PERFECT fit for the Rockets. He is the type of contributing role player with attitude that the Rockets need.

Can you imagine Steve dishing out to a wide open Croshere? Deadly.

DaDakota

------------------

14. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Da Dakota,
    Did I read somewhere that you wanted to be the president of the Austin Croshere fan club?

If so. I am the Vice-President!!! Austin can just play ball.

To me he shows no fear. He plays hard ALL the time. I still have that picture in my head of him going up and trying to block Shaq. Shaq got his dunk. But that would be missing the point. We need guys with this kind of defensive mindset. The kind that no basket is going to come cheap, no matter WHO you are... The fact that he can play offense is the icing on the cake!!!

I realize that west is loaded with awesome power forwards. But in my opinion I want a player like Austin on the Rockets. Forget the stereotypical power forward. Austin does not fit that mold. But Austin is the type of ball player that Rudy loves. Someone he can stick in at small forward or power forward; depending on the matchup. Rudy loves versitility. We all know that.

There is no doubt in my mind. Austin has the heart of a champion. I could care less about Indiana. But I was out there last night rooting for that team because of him.

Acquiring Austin would make the Rockets that much TOUGHER....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vice President of the Austin Croshere fan club...

[This message has been edited by Dream34 (edited June 20, 2000).]